Rani Mukerji to play cop in YRF`s ‘Mardani’
Mumbai: Actress Rani Mukherjee will be teaming up with Yash Raj Films (YRF) for a project titled `Mardaani` in which she will act as a police officer for the first time.
The film will be directed by Pradeep Sarkar.
"Rani will be doing `Mardaani`. It will be directed by Pradeep Sarkar. She will be playing a police officer in the film," a spokesperson of Yash Raj Films (YRF) said.
The movie is supposed to be raw and gritty, something that Sarkar and Rani both have never done.
The filmmaker had earlier directed `Laga Chunari Mein Daag` and `Lafangey Parindey` for YRF.
Rani`s last outing with the banner was `Dil Bole Hadippa`, which failed to create magic at the box office.
The shooting of the film is likely to begin by this year end.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Check out: Shah Rukh Khan, Kajol in 'magical' 'Dilwale' pose!
- Ketan Mehta to donate share of profits to Manjhi's village
- First look of 'Meeruthiya Gangsters' out
- Anurag Kashyap's guidance was very helpful: Zeishan Quadri
- People storm to watch Salman Khan's 'Bajrangi Bhaijaan' in Pakistan, leave hall teary-eyed