Rani Mukerji to play cop in YRF`s ‘Mardani’
Mumbai: Actress Rani Mukherjee will be teaming up with Yash Raj Films (YRF) for a project titled `Mardaani` in which she will act as a police officer for the first time.
The film will be directed by Pradeep Sarkar.
"Rani will be doing `Mardaani`. It will be directed by Pradeep Sarkar. She will be playing a police officer in the film," a spokesperson of Yash Raj Films (YRF) said.
The movie is supposed to be raw and gritty, something that Sarkar and Rani both have never done.
The filmmaker had earlier directed `Laga Chunari Mein Daag` and `Lafangey Parindey` for YRF.
Rani`s last outing with the banner was `Dil Bole Hadippa`, which failed to create magic at the box office.
The shooting of the film is likely to begin by this year end.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'The Kapil Sharma Show' faces wrath on social media after fallout with Sunil Grover?
- 'The Kapil Sharma Show' controversy: Sunil Grover opens up, finds all the 'tamasha' very 'entertaining'
- Rajinikanth to essay 5 characters, Akshay Kumar to portray 12 avatars in '2.0'?
- Why Katappa killed Baahubali? Sathyaraj answers the question! - Watch
- Sushmita Sen grooving to Ed Sheeran's 'Shape Of You' is the coolest thing you will WATCH today!
- Anushka Sharma and Diljit Dosanjh’s ‘Phillauri’ picks up steam at the Box Office
- Sushant Singh Rajput's 'Romeo Akbar Walter' posters unveiled!
- 'Pad Man' to raise awareness about sanitary hygiene: Twinkle Khanna
- 'Padmavati' controversy: Sanjay Leela Bhansali is keeping in mind public sentiments, says Shahid Kapoor
- Anushka Sharma's 'Phillauri': Day two Box Office collections are out!