Raveena brushes up Marathi for `Gin Liya Aasman`
New Delhi: Actress Raveena Tandon is busy brushing up her Marathi for a bilingual film, ‘Gin Liya Aasman’, in which she plays mother to a six-year-old boy.
The ravishing actress, last seen with Amitabh Bachchan in ‘Bbuddah...Hoga Tera Baap’, is making her full-fledged comeback with ‘Gin Liya Aasman’, a Hindi and Marathi project.
The movie requires her to speak the kind of Marathi spoken in the interiors of Maharashtra, and so Raveena, who is born and brought up in Mumbai, had to take lessons.
"Though Marathi is not alien language for me, I now realised it is tough to learn Marathi spoken in the interior villages of Maharashtra," Raveena, 37, said in a statement.
Rishi Deshpande, the director of the film who himself is a Maharashtrian, has given the task to his associates to help Raveena.
"Gin Liya Aasman", produced by Mudassar Aziz, Vishwajit Gaikwad and Anil Bohra, is a story of a boy whose father, a naval officer went missing after a plane crash.
Currently being shot in Pune, the film is slated to release in summer 2012.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Juhi Chawla slams item numbers for commercialisation of women
- 'Pink' Box Office collections: Amitabh Bachchan, Taapsee Pannu starrer mints Rs 53.10 cr!
- Victoria Leeds is NOT Alex Parrish, reveals Priyanka Chopra on her 'Baywatch' character—Full story inside
- '31st October' already a landmark for me: Soha Ali Khan
- Varun Dhawan working with Amitabh Bachchan? Nah, it's a rumour!