Raveena Tandon to play Niira Radia in her next?
Mumbai: Yester year’s hottie, Raveena Tandon is all set to play controversial corporate lobbyist, Nira Radia in a new film. Raveena was recently seen in ‘Bbuddha Hoga Tera Baap’. And now she will star as Radia in ‘Alert’ which also stars Sanjay Dutt in the lead.
Speaking to a daily, a source said, “Raveena plays a glamorous, sexy, high-profile lobbyist, who befriends the most powerful politicians and industrialists and even gets embroiled in a phone-tapping scam.” According to the source, many details from Radia’s life have been incorporated into creating Raveena’s character.
The director of the film, Sojan Joseph has not named Tandon’s character Niira Radia to avoid any kind of controversy but have heavily borrowed instances from Radia’s life for the script. Meanwhile, Raveena has been reading up extensively on Radia’s life to prepare for the role. “Raveena thinks Radia is a victim of the system and did not do any wrong knowingly. But at the same time, Raveena doesn’t want to play Radia as a victim,” added the source.
When asked, Raveena remained tightlipped and said, “I am not saying anything. Watch the film. You’ll know."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Harshvardhan Kapoor’s Bollywood debut 'Mirzya' to release on October 7!
- Randeep Hooda-Aishwarya Rai Bachchan's 'Sarbjit' mints Rs 22.09 cr at Box Office!
- 'Banjo' motion poster: Watch the brilliant backdrop flavoured with powerful Indian beats!
- Meet the ladies of 'Housefull3' in a brand new POSTER—See inside
- 'The Jungle Book' rakes in moolah at Box Office, all set to cross Rs 200 crore in India!