Ready to face any opposition to `Shootout At Wadala’: Sanjay Gupta
Mumbai: Director Sanjay Gupta, whose upcoming film ‘Shootout At Wadala’ is based on gangster Manya Surve and other real life characters, says the movie touches upon controversial issues, but he is ready to face any kind of opposition for it.
"Today it has become a trend that when a film based on real characters is released, 10 to 15 of the character`s relatives will object (to it) and go to court. But we are prepared for that," Gupta said here at the first look launch of the film.
Gupta further stated that during the research, the team got different accounts of the shootout from different people and settled for what they found appropriate.
"So much in the film is controversial. While we were doing research, we met many people who said different things about the character (Manya Surve). We came across so many things and we even asked the police and even looked for police records," Gupta said.
"Out of the whole research, we took the part that we found appropriate and we made a story out of that and (based) the characterisation of Manya Surve," he added.
Manya Surve was a gangster, who was shot dead by Mumbai police in 1982.
‘Shootout At Wadala’ features actors John Abraham, Anil Kapoor, Kangna Ranaut, Tusshar Kapoor and Sonu Sood. The film is slated to release May 1.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I'm looking at 'Ittefaq' as new film: Sonakshi Sinha
- Phillauri box office collections: Anushka Sharma-Diljit Dosanjh's 'spirited' saga has minted this much so far!
- Ranbir Kapoor as a boy scout in 'Jagga Jasoos' latest PIC! Can you spot him?
- Shah Rukh Khan to clash with Akshay Kumar at the Box Office!
- Shraddha Kapoor – Arjun Kapoor sizzle as a couple in ‘Half Girlfriend’ First Look