Remo D`Souza to spread folk fever for movie promotion
Mumbai: Choreographer-turned-director Remo D`Souza is set to embark on a multi-state tour as part of the promotional activity of his new film ‘ABCD Anybody Can Dance’ and perform their folk dances. With this, he hopes to revive the dying art forms.
"It will be a part of promotional activity. We will visit eight states and our motive is to revive the dying art forms of our country," Remo told IANS.
"We will be performing folk dances along with the cast of the film soon," he added.
The team of ‘ABCD...’ will perform Andhra Pradesh`s Kollattam, West Bengal`s Chhau, Goa`s Tarangamel, Gujarat`s Garba, Karnataka`s Yakshagana, Madhya Pradesh`s Tetali, Maharashtra`s Pavri, Punjab`s Bhangra and Rajasthan`s Ghoomar.
The film releases Feb 8 next year and Remo hopes the audiences will happily accept the new genre.
"I just hope that the audience will accept this genre and take it to another level," he said.
Produced by UTV Motion Pictures, ‘ABCD...’ features Prabhudheva and Kay Kay Menon along with star performers from the dance reality show.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Himesh Reshammiya, Iulia Vantur join forces for 'Every Night And Day' from 'Aap Se Mausiiquii'
- Karan Johar opens up about his love life!
- Sonam Kapoor looks ravishing in Shantanu & Nikhil design!
- Non-bailable warrant against 'Bigg Boss 10' contestant Om Swami cancelled!
- Birthday special: Seven times Jimmy Shergill’s on-screen characters defined life!
- Opening day Box Office collections of Vidya Balan's 'Kahaani 2' are out!
- Box Office report: Shah Rukh Khan, Alia Bhatt's 'Dear Zindagi' nears Rs 50 crore mark
- Mahira Khan's role chopped in big Bollywood debut 'Raees'—Here's all you need to know
- Sonam Kapoor to play Madhuri Dixit in Sanjay Dutt's biopic?
- Here's how Ranbir Kapoor will be transformed into Sanjay Dutt for Baba's biopic!