Remuneration of actresses hasn`t changed: Katrina Kaif
Mumbai: Lauding the number and nature of women-centric films in the country, Katrina Kaif however laments that there is no change in the remuneration for them in Bollywood ever since she joined the industry in 2003.
"Since the time I entered the industry, the growth (of women-centric movies in Bollywood) has been phenomenal. The kind of roles being written is great...Kangana Ranaut has done queen, Vidya Balan did `Kahaani`...now it has more layers. Our cinema has come a long way.
"But one thing which has not changed is the remuneration for women. There is still a huge disparity. Let`s see what happens with that," she added.
Earlier, Kangana and Kareena Kapoor have been vocal about the financial compensation of actresses in tinsel town.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Film with Shah Rukh Khan, Alia Bhatt won't be typically romantic: Gauri Shinde
- See in pic: Anil Kapoor in awe of daughters, Sonam and Rhea Kapoor!
- Shilpa Shetty rejoices 4 million Twitter followers
- I don't know my caste or creed, I'm universal: Amitabh Bachchan
- First trailer of Clooney's 'Hail, Caesar!' unveiled