Remuneration of actresses hasn`t changed: Katrina Kaif
Mumbai: Lauding the number and nature of women-centric films in the country, Katrina Kaif however laments that there is no change in the remuneration for them in Bollywood ever since she joined the industry in 2003.
"Since the time I entered the industry, the growth (of women-centric movies in Bollywood) has been phenomenal. The kind of roles being written is great...Kangana Ranaut has done queen, Vidya Balan did `Kahaani`...now it has more layers. Our cinema has come a long way.
"But one thing which has not changed is the remuneration for women. There is still a huge disparity. Let`s see what happens with that," she added.
Earlier, Kangana and Kareena Kapoor have been vocal about the financial compensation of actresses in tinsel town.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Kamya Punjabi releases teaser of Pratyusha Banerjee’s last short film – Watch
- Anonymity on Twitter giving people power to misbehave: Swara Bhaskar
- Naam Shabana: Akshay Kumar enjoys special screening with female police officers
- People find it difficult to accept TV stars in bold roles: Nia Sharma
- Non-bailable warrant issued against Mamta Kulkarni, Vicky Goswami
- Phillauri box office collections: Anushka Sharma-Diljit Dosanjh's 'spirited' saga has minted this much so far!
- Ranbir Kapoor as a boy scout in 'Jagga Jasoos' latest PIC! Can you spot him?
- Shah Rukh Khan to clash with Akshay Kumar at the Box Office!
- Shraddha Kapoor – Arjun Kapoor sizzle as a couple in ‘Half Girlfriend’ First Look
- 'Devdas', 'Veer-Zaara' to be screened at theatres in the US