Remuneration of actresses hasn`t changed: Katrina Kaif
Mumbai: Lauding the number and nature of women-centric films in the country, Katrina Kaif however laments that there is no change in the remuneration for them in Bollywood ever since she joined the industry in 2003.
"Since the time I entered the industry, the growth (of women-centric movies in Bollywood) has been phenomenal. The kind of roles being written is great...Kangana Ranaut has done queen, Vidya Balan did `Kahaani`...now it has more layers. Our cinema has come a long way.
"But one thing which has not changed is the remuneration for women. There is still a huge disparity. Let`s see what happens with that," she added.
Earlier, Kangana and Kareena Kapoor have been vocal about the financial compensation of actresses in tinsel town.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Bigg Boss: Priya Malik accuses Kanwaljeet Singh of racism
- Intolerance issue: Aamir Khan proud to be Indian, says no intention of leaving India
- India made Aamir Khan’s 'PK' a blockbuster, that's tolerance: BJP MP
- Priyanka Chopra turning poetic with Montreal winters
- I respect Aamir, but India is most tolerant country: Vivek Oberoi