Rituparno, Ananya clinch national awards for `Abohoman`
New Delhi: Well-known Bengali filmmaker Rituparno Ghosh and actress Ananya Chatterjee received the best director and best actress awards, respectively, for "Abohoman" at the 57th National Film Awards here Friday evening.
Ghosh, attired in his signature cross-dressing style, including shaped eyebrows, walked up to receive his award from President Pratibha Patil. Ananya looked ravishing in a white and gold sari.
Ghosh, however, is not celebrating the win as he is mourning his father`s demise. This is his second National Award for best director, after "Utsab" he won nine years ago.
Produced by Reliance Big Pictures, "Abohoman" explores the nuances of relationships through a married film director Aniket who falls in love with actress Shikha, who is as young as his son.
Shikha bears an uncanny resemblance to Deepti, Aniket`s wife as she looked in her younger days. And thus begin the trials and tribulations of what was till then a picture perfect family with a father, mother and son.
Ananya, who got the best actress award for her portrayal of Shikha, gave credit to Ghosh for her success. "It was a totally great journey under him. Every minute I was learning. I learnt, I observed him and I learnt more," she said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sidharth Malhotra felt wonderful doing the US tour! READ
- I still feel I have a lot more to do and achieve says Jacqueline Fernandez
- Expectations soaring high! Beyonce gearing up to perform at 2016 MTV Video Music Awards?
- Salman Khan's 'Being SalMan: The Official Game' is out for you to 'Khelo'
- Arbaaz Khan feels he is more suited for second lead!
- Kangana Ranaut flies to US to prepare for role in 'Simran'
- Would love to direct Ajay Devgn, Kajol in a family drama: Rohit Shetty
- MASSIVE! Salman Khan's 'Sultan' celebrates 50 days in theatres – Details inside
- 'Lion' trailer: Dev Patel once again proves his acting brilliance – Watch
- Akshay Kumar's 'Rustom' vs Hrithik Roshan's 'Mohenjo Daro': Week two BO collections are out!