Roshans pocket 125 crores while Ajay grabs 80cr!
Mumbai: Looking to multiply your money? Then Bollywood is the best place for you! The Hindi film industry is not just a movie making field anymore but is an ideal platform to churn profits by doing some serious business.
Buzz has it that Rakesh Roshan has sold the latest franchise of his superhero flick `Krissh` for a whopping Rs 125 crores. And surprisingly, the film is yet to go on floors!
Angry young man Ajay Devgn isn’t any far behind. He has successfully grabbed Rs 80 crores for his upcoming flick `Son of Sardar`.
Discussing Hrithik and Ajay’s marketability, senior Bollywood trade expert Amod Mehra to a daily said, “Both the films topline major stars like Hrithik and Ajay, who are on a roll with `Zindagi Na Milegi Dobara` and `Singham`, respectively. So it`s no surprise that their upcoming movies have been sold even before shooting has begun.”
Kumar Mangat however believes that it is the star brand that sells. He said, "The trend of films being sold on announcement or mahurat is only for big stars like Aamir Khan, Salman Khan, Ranbir Kapoor, etc. apart from Ajay and Hrithik."
Well…no matter who plays the key ingredient to sell a film, Bollywood does seem to be ‘eating, sleeping and dinking money`!
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shah Rukh Khan, Alia Bhatt to be first guests on upcoming season of 'Koffee with Karan'?
- All you need to know about Indira Ekadashi
- How to save your suede shoes from damage
- Along with cast and crew, Priyanka Chopra enjoys 'Quantico' season 2 screening! – Pics inside
- 'Dance+' season two: 14-year-old Tanay Malhara takes home the trophy
- Indian film industry's earnings to be $3.7 billion by 2020, says report
- Gurmeet Ram Rahim Singh to donate money for research
- Ajay Devgn and Kajol create 'Shivaay' magic in Google and Facebook headquarters! Pics inside
- Check out Katrina Kaif's brand new look in 'Jagga Jasoos'! Pic inside
- Amitabh Bachchan's passion is of different level: Anees Bazmee