Rs 2.5 crore for Katrina’s `Munni` act in Tamil film
Mumbai: If all goes well, Tamil cinema fans will get to see `Sheila` transform into `Munni` in the Tamil version of Salman Khan’s 2010 blockbuster `Dabangg`.
Reportedly, the makers of the regional version of the film now have their eyes fixed on Katrina Kaif for the coveted item number. And the hottie will be paid a whopping Rs 2.5 crores for her `Munni` act, originally featured on Malaika Arora Khan.
Sonu Sood will be essaying Chhedi Singh’s character in the Tamil version as well. Apparently, Sonu, who happens to be a close friend of Kat insisted on having her as the item girl. While the producers wanted to take Bipasha Basu on borad, Sonu being hell bent on having Katrina as `Munni`, they could do little but budge.
However, Sonu preferred to keep tight lipped about the latest developments. When contacted by a tabloid, the handsome actor said, "At the moment, all I can say is Katrina is a dear friend. Beyond that I`m not in a position to comment. And yes, this time I`ll have a lot more dancing to do. I am looking forward to that since my dancing partner is someone extraordinarily beautiful."
Veteran choreographer Saroj Khan will take charge of the song.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Playing Sikh man in a serious film was tough: Vir Das
- Hansal Mehta reveals Rajkummar's look from 'Omerta' on his birthday
- Alia Bhatt to turn 'Dulhania' for Badrinath aka Varun Dhawan one more time! Picture blast
- No issue with censor board: 'Baar Baar Dekho' director
- Emraan Hashmi hopes 'Baadshaho' turns out bigger than 'Once Upon A Time in Mumbaai'