Rs 25 crore spent on `Sholay 3D`
Mumbai: The 3D version of iconic Bollywood film `Sholay` has cost the presenters roughly Rs.25 crore.
"Around Rs.25 crore has been spent for `Sholay 3D`," said Jayantilal Gada, chairman, Pen India Pvt. Ltd., which is presenting the film.
"Sholay", a 1975 film directed by Ramesh Sippy, featured Amitabh Bachchan, Dharmendra, Hema Malini and Sanjeev Kumar in memorable roles.
For Gada, "`Sholay` is my love".
"When the film released in 1975, there used to be lines outside the theatre to buy tickets and for over five years, it ran houseful. I have been licensing various rights of `Sholay` from 1995 till date and I will never forget what the film has given me," he added.
Maya Digital Studios worked on the 2D to 3D conversion of the film, providing an entirely new viewing experience for the audiences.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- `We behaved with Shiney as nothing has happened': Anil Kapoor
- Glad to revisit gritty genre with 'Udta Punjab': Kareena Kapoor Khan
- 'Phantom'-asmic opening weekend, movie mints over 33 crore in three days!
- Medical charity MSF to take legal action against `Phantom` makers
- 'Hard-working' John Abraham prefers working on holidays