Rs 50 lakh for Mumbai blasts victims: ZNMD team
Mumbai: A number of Bollywood celebrities including Shah Rukh Khan were slammed for celebrating the success of `Zindagi Na Milegi Dobara`, released a couple of days post the serial blasts that ripped Mumbai yet again on 13 July.
However, the makers of the film have come up with some compensation for the victims of the dreadful event. The film had a decent opening despite the tragedy in the city. So Ritesh Sidhwani, producer pf the film has decided to extend his solidarity and support to the victims of the dreadful happening.
Expressing his camaraderie and concern towards the people of Mumbai, Sidhwani while talking to a daily said, “Farhan Akhtar, Kishore Lulla and I thought of it. The blasts took place on Wednesday and still, Mumbaikars turned up to watch our film. So, this is our way of showing that we care for the city and the people.”
Reportedly, the filmmakers are planning to raise over Rs 50 lakh. “We have decided to keep the evening and not morning or afternoon screenings because these shows are generally crowded,”added Sidhwani.
As per the latest reporters, the film has already earned over Rs 35 crore from various centers in the country.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shah Rukh Khan, Alia Bhatt to be first guests on upcoming season of 'Koffee with Karan'?
- All you need to know about Indira Ekadashi
- How to save your suede shoes from damage
- Along with cast and crew, Priyanka Chopra enjoys 'Quantico' season 2 screening! – Pics inside
- 'Dance+' season two: 14-year-old Tanay Malhara takes home the trophy
- Indian film industry's earnings to be $3.7 billion by 2020, says report
- Gurmeet Ram Rahim Singh to donate money for research
- Ajay Devgn and Kajol create 'Shivaay' magic in Google and Facebook headquarters! Pics inside
- Check out Katrina Kaif's brand new look in 'Jagga Jasoos'! Pic inside
- Amitabh Bachchan's passion is of different level: Anees Bazmee