Rusty inspired from my interactions with Ruskin Bond: Director
New Delhi: Subhadarshini Singh, who is directing the second installment of `Ek Tha Rusty II`, based on the stories of Ruskin Bond, says she added a lot of her own conversations with the prolific writer to shape up the main character.
The director-producer has previously made the first season of `Ek Tha Rusty`, in which Rusty`s character is based on Ruskin Bond.
Singh returned with the first part of season two in June last year and is now back with part two consisting of 52-episodes.
"I know Ruskin Bond so well that I can actually tell the hero, who plays Rusty in the show, not to do something because Ruskin wouldn`t have done that way. Because I discuss the show and everything with him, I feel him sometimes there," Singh said, adding she is great friends with the author, who is always involved in the show`s making.
Singh said Bond always gives suggestions and inputs for the show besides visiting the sets and he is happy with it.
"He is not involved in script writing but I inform him and keep him updated about everything I am doing. I ask for his suggestion, like if I want to change the name of a town or something else," Singh told reporters.
The show is set in 1960s and shot in Mussoorie. Besides his stories, it also showcases Bond`s experiences in life.
"Period setting shows always have their own challenges- like to find a train of that era, or a tennis racket made of wood. I had problems getting these properties. It is never easy to go back to an old period," Singh said.
When asked why she thinks the show will click, as period-dramas are a risky genre, the director said, "It has already clicked. People loved the previous seasons. The feedback was very positive. So, I see no reason why they wouldn`t like this one" she said.
Singh feels the shows on television are all mainly women-oriented, in which the female characters are unreal.
"My show has no villains, and all are natural, real characters. In fact it is the only male-oriented show, where nice good men pull the show forward," Singh added.
`Ek Tha Rusty II` Part 2 stars Bhanu Uday, Ayub Khan and Bond`s granddaughter Shristi. It will air from July 10 on Doordarshan.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Asha Bhosle, Aishwarya Rai Bachchan's unusual rendezvous in New York! - View pic
- Shraddha Kapoor breaks the style code in latest Harper's Bazaar cover! – See pic
- Monsoon getaway: Bigg Boss contestant Mandana Karimi rocks in white while holidaying in Goa- See pic
- Monsoon trouble for shoes? Best tips to save your footwear this rainy season
- 'Rustom': The re-invention of Akshay Kumar
- 'Sultan' promo out: Salman Khan gets defensive for Shah Rukh Khan! - Watch
- Shahid Kapoor-Alia Bhatt's 'Udta Punjab' steady at Box Office, mints Rs 57.56 crore!
- 'Sultan': Spectacular Anushka Sharma as a bride will win your heart!- See full pic
- 'Shorgul' not to be released in Muzaffarnagar
- I will produce Hollywood films in future: Vashu Bhagnani