Saif amazed me in `Humshakals`: Sajid Khan
Mumbai: Actor-producer Saif Ali Khan has gone beyond his usual performances for `Humshakals`, says Sajid Khan, director of the forthcoming multi-starrer comedy.
In `Humshakals`, Saif plays three different characters, all named Ashok, and all living in London. They create chaos, confusion and funny mix-ups.
The film also stars Riteish Deshmukh and Ram Kapoor in three different avatars.
"At first, I wasn`t sure if Saif will agree to let his hair down, and go so much beyond his usual performances for ‘Humshakals’. But he has not just surprised me, he has actually amazed me with his acts."
"It was difficult for him and Ritesh to switch from one self to the other in the span of a single day. Directing him made me laugh out loud so many times," Sajid said in a statement.
Saif, who has shown his comic side in films like “Dil Chahta Hai” and “Hum Tum”, was excited too.
"Sajid Khan knows how to make a comedy, one that attracts audiences from all age groups and backgrounds. When I was offered a chance to enact three crazy but seriously funny, and likeable Ashoks, I took this up with keen interest.
"Going beyond the usual is always exciting for an actor, with `Humshakals`, doing that has also been a lot of fun," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Arms Act case: Being a friend I am happy for Salman Khan, says Daisy Shah
- Ali Fazal sponsors self-defence for girls in his family
- When Shah Rukh Khan visited Taj Mahal with his 'first income'
- 'Raees' Shah Rukh Khan is travelling from Mumbai to Delhi by train – See pics
- Mika Singh's 'Dhingana' highlights Shah Rukh Khan's 'Raees' journey
- 42 years of 'Deewar': Amitabh Bachchan says it had the best screenplay ever
- Overseas Box Office: Aamir Khan's 'Dangal' crosses Rs 200 crore mark
- 'Jolly LL.B 2' trailer 2: Akshay Kumar brings forward intense side of legal system
- Abhishek Bachchan ready to do biopic on THIS sportsman for free!
- Pakistani actors get Indian visa to shoot for Sridevi starrer