Sajid Khan hits hattrick with `Housefull 2`
New Delhi: Director Sajid Khan hits hattrick with ‘Housefull 2: The Dirty Dozen’, which has grossed Rs.72 crore worldwide and become the second biggest opening of the year after ‘Agneepath’, which earned Rs.75 crore.
Released Friday, the film, co-produced by Nadiadwala Grandson Entertainment, grossed Rs.57 crore in India and Rs.15 crore overseas so far.
"Despite releasing during the IPL cricket frenzy, `Housefull 2` has opened well in theatres across India. With its strong weekend performance, we believe `Housefull 2` has also lived up to its name like predecessor," Nandu Ahuja, senior vice president, India Theatrical, Eros International Media Ltd, said in a statement.
Sajid Khan`s last two directorial ventures – ‘Heyy Babyy’ and ‘Housefull’ - were huge hits.
A sequel to 2010 release ‘Housefull’, the film`s cast is called dirty dozen that comprises of Akshay Kumar, John Abraham, Riteish Deshmukh, Shreyas Talpade, Asin Thottumkal, Jacqueline Fernandez, Zarine Khan and Shahzan Padamsee. It also features veteran actors Mithun Chakraborty, Randhir Kapoor, Rishi Kapoor and Boman Irani.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- HC imposes Rs.10 lakh fine on Ram Gopal Verma for remaking 'Sholay'
- We behaved with Shiney as nothing has happened: Anil Kapoor
- Glad to revisit gritty genre with 'Udta Punjab': Kareena Kapoor Khan
- 'Phantom'-asmic opening weekend, movie mints over 33 crore in three days!
- Medical charity MSF to take legal action against `Phantom` makers