Salman Khan blames himself for confusing response on `Jai Ho`
Zee Media Bureau
Mumbai: Salman Khan, who had predicted last year of hitting the jackpot with `Jai Ho`, is now rather confused due to the mixed response his film is getting at the Box Office. The actor feels that the film is not “matching up” with the success of his earlier releases.
However, Salman believes that their effort at doing something different from their regular stuff might be a reason for people not thronging to the theatres.
Salman has come to the conclusion that the idea of doing something out-of-the-box has not gone down well with the audiences as they had expectations of watching time pass films like `Dabangg`.
"We have done something different, may be people were expecting something like `Dabangg`, `Ready` like time pass film to enjoy. Some must have understood that `Jai Ho` is not that kind of film, this is a serious film with a social message," Salman said to the agency.
The actor is ready to take the blame upon himself for the film`s lukewarm business.
"I will only say that the credit or the blame for my film should come to me and not to anybody else. Perhaps I have failed in bringing in the people," he said.
The film stars veteran actress Tabu along with newcomer Daisy Shah.
(With agency inputs)
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Gurmeet Ram Rahim Singh to donate money for research
- Ajay Devgn and Kajol create 'Shivaay' magic in Google and Facebook headquarters! Pics inside
- Check out Katrina Kaif's brand new look in 'Jagga Jasoos'! Pic inside
- Amitabh Bachchan's passion is of different level: Anees Bazmee
- Dhoni's biopic- 'MS Dhoni: The Untold Story' to release in 4,500 screens across 60 countries!