Salman shoots action scenes on tuk-tuk
New Delhi: If his arch rival Shah Rukh Khan shot action scenes on a desi cycle-rickshaw, Salman Khan decided to be different and performed his stunts on tuk-tuk, the Thai auto-rickshaw, in the narrow streets of Pattaya for Anees Bazmee`s ‘Ready’.
"It was Bhai`s (Salman`s) idea to shoot with tuk-tuks which are very fast and powerful. He wanted to shoot an action sequence nobody has done before," Bhushan Kumar of T-Series said in a press statement.
"People have shot romantic songs or scenes perhaps, but such a high-voltage action sequence will be seen for the first time in `Ready`. People will enjoy this unique Thai action," he added.
Following Salman`s suggestion of using tuk-tuk in the shoot, an action scene was especially written and shot. The scene required two tuk-tuks to blow up and Salman had to jump into another tuk-tuk and drive off.
The producers - T-Series and Rajat Rawail - bought three tuk-tuks especially for this scene.
’Ready’ is slated for release June 6.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Varun-Alia replaced by Sonakshi-Aditya in Shaad Ali's next?
- I'm playing my dream role in 'Jaanisaar', says Imran Abbas
- First feature film in Nyishi released
- Salman Khan's 'Bajrangi Bhaijaan' beats 'Baahubali', celebrates Rs 400 crore worldwide collections
- ‘Bajrangi Bhaijaan’ rakes in Rs 240 cr in 10 days in India, may surpass Aamir's 'PK' record