Sameer Sharma wants to cast Irrfan Khan in comedy project
Mumbai: `Luv Shuv Tey Chicken Khurana` director Sameer Sharma is in the process of scripting a comedy film and wants Irrfan Khan to play the lead.
"I am writing two scripts. One is a musical titled `Jugalbandi` and the other is a mad comedy `Jageera via Silomasco`. In the second film `Jageera` is the name of the character and `Silomasco` is a place in Punjab", Sharma told reporters.
Sharma said he wants to rope in Irrfan Khan for `Jageera via Silomasco`.
"I wish to cast Irrfan Khan for this film. He is on my wish list. I have not pitched the story to him. Once I am done I might do it," he said.
Sharma made his directorial debut with `Luv Shuv Tey Chicken Khurana`, produced by Anurag Kashyap.
The film, having Kunal Kapoor and Huma Qureshi in the lead, did good business at the Box Office.
"I have been getting good response from producers after `Luv Shuv Tey Chicken Khurana`...It feels good," Sharma said, adding he might begin working on any one of the projects by this year if things fall in place.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Anna Hazare unveils poster of his biopic
- Determined Sonakshi Sinha's first 'Akira' poster looks intriguing! – Pic inside
- Check out this brand new still from the sets of 'Sultan'! See pic
- Fixing copyright violation on 'Cabaret': Pooja Bhatt
- Ajay Devgn's 'Shivaay' journey is no less than a milestone! Watch here