Sanjay Gupta supports short films promotion initiative
Mumbai: Filmmaker Sanjay Gupta attended an initiative on short films called Monday Premiere and said it is a "fantastic platform" for young filmmakers to showcase their talent.
The initiative took off Oct 8 at the Lagerbay restaurant and pub and it will be a regular feature at the Bandra restaurant.
Gupta visited the venue Monday to show his support to Monday Premiere, being organised in association with Large Short Films.
"It is a good initiative because there are a lot of young people across the country who want to make films and enter the industry," Sanjay told reporters here.
"They get an opportunity to showcase their talent through such platforms because we do not have enough platforms to showcase short films. This platform that they are providing is fantastic," he added.
Large Short Films has been started by filmmaker Anurag Kasyap, Sudhir Mishra, Chakri Toleti and Samar Khan.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- We behaved with Shiney as nothing has happened: Anil Kapoor
- Glad to revisit gritty genre with 'Udta Punjab': Kareena Kapoor Khan
- 'Phantom'-asmic opening weekend, movie mints over 33 crore in three days!
- Medical charity MSF to take legal action against `Phantom` makers
- 'Hard-working' John Abraham prefers working on holidays