Satyajit Ray`s Pather Panchali in greatest films list
Mumbai: mmaker Satyajit Ray`s 1955 classic Pather Panchali has featured in the 50 greatest films of all time list, which was dominated by Alfred Hichcock`s thriller Vertigo. Pather Panchali (Song of the Road) was made on a shoestring budget of Rs. 150,000 and featured mostly amateur actors but
it is Ray`s most famous film.
With 31 votes Pather Panchali came at the 42 place in the Sight & Sound poll. The film is a lyrical, closely observed story of a peasant family in 1920s rural India.
Some 846 critics, programmers, academics and distributors voted the best 50 films from the world cinema in the poll, which takes place once in a decade.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Aamir Khan, Kangana Ranaut meet Narendra Modi over dinner
- Direction, production no more male-dominated: Javed Akhtar
- Akshay Kumar, Vidyut Jamwal to team up for Ahmed Khan's next?
- Bollywood is smitten with love bug, wishes a great Valentine's Day!
- Great to see people value healthy lifestyle: Sonam Kapoor