Sequel to `Dostana` currently on hold!
Zee Media Bureau/Anindita Dev
New Delhi: There has been rumours about a sequel being in pipeline to `Dostana` starring Priyanka Chopra, John Abraham and Abhishek Bachchan in the lead, but nothing has been confirmed as yet.
Reports also suggest that there was a lot of confusion regarding the cast of the film but no official announcement has been made so far.
However, if the latest buzz is to be believed then producer of the original, Karan Johar declared that the sequel to `Dostana` is currently on hold.
The filmmaker also said that the director of the movie, Tarun Mansukhani and he were waiting for the right plot and script to come by, so that they could go ahead with the sequel.
Since the subject is sensitive (reportedly dealing with gay relationship), Karan wants to be sure about the storyline, which is why the project has been kept on hold until then.
`Dostana` was a massive hit back in 2008 and tickled funny bone with its light-hearted humour.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Juhi Chawla slams item numbers for commercialisation of women
- 'Pink' Box Office collections: Amitabh Bachchan, Taapsee Pannu starrer mints Rs 53.10 cr!
- Victoria Leeds is NOT Alex Parrish, reveals Priyanka Chopra on her 'Baywatch' character—Full story inside
- '31st October' already a landmark for me: Soha Ali Khan
- Varun Dhawan working with Amitabh Bachchan? Nah, it's a rumour!