Shah Rukh Khan blocks 2014 Diwali?
Zee Media Bureau/ Aparna Mudi
New Delhi: Shah Rukh Khan is doing all he can to make sure that lady luck shining on him currently continues to do so with his next film too. If reports are to be believed, the ‘Chennai Express’ star has already sought to block next year`s Diwali dates for the release of ‘Happy New Year’.
If the buzz going around is to be believed, the Farah Khan’s next directorial will follow the footsteps of ‘Om Shanti Om’ and release in the holiday slot. Shah Rukh and Farah come together after a much publicised spat and the anticipation about their next only rises with time. This is Khan’s third movie with the choreographer-turned-director and so far they have proven to be a hit making pair.
This year, Eid has indeed proven to be very auspicious for Shah Rukh, and his film ‘Chennai Express’ has broken all records so far at the Box Office, already raking in more than Rs 200 crores.
However, Salman Khan has booked the dates for Eid next year for ‘Kick’. Even though Salman does not have a single release in 2013, and he is doing all he can to retain the propitious occasion for his next release.
Come Christmas 2014, Anurag Kashyap’s much awaited ‘Bombay Velvet’ is set to hit the silver screen. That leaves Diwali for SRK to capture the audience with a bang again.
The film already has seen some delays because of the extensive marketing schedule for ‘Chennai Express’, and then the dilly-dallying in finalising the lead actress. Katrina Kaif was being considered for the role, but the offer was taken by Deepika Padukone. The shooting is scheduled to begin in early September.
Happy New Year which is also being co produced by King Khan will also see Sonu Sood playing the antagonist in the movie.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shield hair from monsoon humidity
- `Piku' crosses Rs 100 crore mark worldwide
- Aamir Khan visits Sonam Kapoor on the sets of 'Neerja'
- Rolling Stones kick off 'Zip Code' stadium tour in San Diego
- Katy Perry's gigs are mental: Charli XCX
- 10 Things you should definitely do in a lifetime
- Lalit Sen to compose for new TV show
- Irrfan, Deepika took romance to new level: Sircar
- Will judge contestants on the basis of voice: Shaan
- Salman Khan arrives in Himachal Pradesh to attend Arpita's wedding reception
- Salma Hayek, Colin Farrell weigh in on selfies ban
- Pawan Kalyan sports bearded look for 'Gabbar Singh 2'
- Suriya pushed me towards excellence: Venkat Prabhu
- Dhanush, Vetrimaaran team up for third time
- Retrospective pays tribute to Rabindranath Tagore
- Regina to romance Vishnu Manchu in his next
- Kamal Haasan's next titled Cheekati Rajyam' in Telugu
- Jimmy Shergill's Punjabi film 'Shareek' to release in October
- Akshara Haasan approached for Sandakozhi 2'
- Late actress's brother upset with Kerala ex-minister
- Puri Jagannath to work with Nithiin before Chiranjeevi
- Jyotika's comeback film rakes in over Rs.8 crore
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Aspiring for more than what you have!
- Mathura SSP receives death threat letter, message for PM Modi
- Reservation issue: Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others
- Zee Media exclusive interview with Haryana CM Manohar Lal Khattar
- Zee Media exclusive chat with 'Welcome to Karachi' cast
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- Girl in Punjab's Pathankot quit studies for fear of eve-teasing
- UP Minister allegedly threatens, abuses Gonda businessman
- Manali: Heavy corruption found in environmental taxes
- Couple in Bihar asked to pay Rs 50,000 as 'tax' for inter-caste marriage
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 24, 2015
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man?
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man? Part-2
- Mumbai architecture creates double decker bus from scrap!
- IPL 2015 Final: MI vs CSK - As it happened...
- CBSE.nic.in 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board (cbseresults.nic.in) Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced on May 25
- Heatwave continues in North India; death toll in Andhra Pradesh, Telangana more than 400
- Heatwave kills 223 in AP, Telangana, Chandrababu Naidu announces compensation; Delhi records hottest day
- CBSE 12th Result 2015 to be announced on Monday
- IPL 2015 final: Mumbai Indians thrash Chennai Super Kings by 41 runs to lift second title
- Death threat to PM Narendra Modi ahead of Mathura rally sends police into tizzy
- Organisation demands re-examination of AIPMT 2015
- Kejriwal completes 100 days in office, AAP says centre 'shadow boxing' over row with LG
- CBSE Class 12th Board Results 2015 to be announced on Monday, May 25
- Online filing of applications for UPSC civil services exam begins
- No alliance with JD-U in Bihar: BJP
- Not just today, Muslims feeling alienated since 1947: Najma Heptulla
- Preity Zinta missed crew of 'ABCD 2' on 'Nach Baliye 7'
- Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others as Gujjar agitation continues