New Delhi: Manoj Kumar – one of the most talented actors to have graced the Indian film industry – is in no mood to forgive the makers of ‘Om Shanti Om’ after the movie was released in Japan sans editing the scenes that spoofed him.
According to a leading daily, the 75-year-old veteran has filed a 100 crore lawsuit against Eros International for not honouring his word.
"I now have proof they have shown ‘Om Shanti Om’ in Japan without deleting the derogatory scenes. They have not only disrespected me twice, they`ll also have to face contempt of court, because in 2008, when the film released, and I took it to court, the court asked them to, forever, and from all prints, and broadcast material, delete those scenes. Last time I forgave them. This time, I won`t,” Kumar had earlier said.
“I am disappointed. My solicitors are looking into this now. They feel I am too lenient and have told me that they will handle the matter now," he added.
Trouble started brewing six years ago during the release of the film – when Kumar got upset with the spoof on him – and later even got a court order asking the objectionable scenes to be deleted before the satellite screening.
‘Om Shanti Om’ released in 2007 and stars Shah Rukh Khan, Deepika Padukone and Arjun Rampal in pivotal roles.
First Published: Tuesday, March 19, 2013, 10:28