Sharman Joshi salutes his role in war comedy
Mumbai: Actor Sharman Joshi, who plays an Army captain in the upcoming film `War Chhod Na Yaar`, says it was a moment of pride for him to play this role.
`War Chhod Na Yaar`, touted as India`s first war comedy movie, has been directed and written by Faraz Haider, who assisted Dibakar Banerjee on `Oye Lucky! Lucky Oye!`.
"I play the role of an Army captain. It was pleasure playing this part. It was a treat to play an officer for the first time. To wear that uniform gives you a sense of pride and honour," Sharman told reporters here last evening.
"I met a few Army men in the process... Their sense of strength, focus and determination is amazing, we have tried to project a few of these things in the film. When I was narrated the script I loved it. We believed in this film and we had a great time. It was a wonderful opportunity to do this film."
Besides the 34-year-old `3 Idiots` actor, the film also stars Soha Ali Khan, Jaaved Jaafery, Dalip Tahil and Mukul Dev. It releases on October 11.
"Whenever we talk about India or Pakistan be it about cricket or films, it attracts a lot of attention. We have seen a lot of aggressive Army related films and have come up with a unique idea of making a war comedy. There is romance as well in the film," said Faraz.
"I have tried to make a good film it is patriotic and intense in nature. When you see the film, there is no situation or scene that will hurt people," he said.
"There is a message too in the film - that war is a bad thing for us, for neighbouring countries. No one has benefited from war and love is the only solution for all problems," the Director maintained.
Soha, who has essayed the role of a journalist, said she was happy to be part of this project. "I have played a journalist earlier, in a film called `Mumbai Meri Jaan`, so I had a bit of experience doing this part."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Mom-to-be Kareena Kapoor Khan spills glamour at Lakme Fashion Week 2016! – View pics
- Shahid Kapoor holding his newly born daughter is the cutest thing you will see today! – Pic inside
- When Kareena Kapoor Khan got 'emotional' while walking Lakme Fashion Week runway
- Sidharth Malhotra felt wonderful doing the US tour! READ
- I still feel I have a lot more to do and achieve says, Jacqueline Fernandez
- Kangana Ranaut flies to US to prepare for role in 'Simran'
- Would love to direct Ajay Devgn, Kajol in a family drama: Rohit Shetty
- MASSIVE! Salman Khan's 'Sultan' celebrates 50 days in theatres – Details inside
- 'Lion' trailer: Dev Patel once again proves his acting brilliance – Watch
- Akshay Kumar's 'Rustom' vs Hrithik Roshan's 'Mohenjo Daro': Week two BO collections are out!