Shekhar Kapur wants more films like `Bombay Talkies`
Mumbai: Anthology film ‘Bombay Talkies’, a tribute to 100 years of Indian cinema, has appealed to Shekhar Kapur so much that the internationally acclaimed filmmaker says that Bollywood should produce more such films.
“Watching `Bombay Talkies`, would love to see more of these. Directors expressing themselves without pressures of perceived box office,” tweeted the 67-year-old.
The film brings on the screen four different stories put together by directors Zoya Akhtar, Karan Johar, Anurag Kashyap and Dibaker Banerjee.
It has already hit the domestic box office amid good reviews and now ‘Bombay Talkies’ is set for gala screening at the prestigious Cannes International Film Festival that begins May 15.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Bigg Boss 10: How much money is each of the commoner getting?
- Dhanteras 2016: Happy Dhanatrayodashi WhatsApp messages, SMS for your friends and family
- Katrina Kaif feels Indian male directors are open to emotions
- Ajay Devgn criticises his own dancing style
- Diwali 2016: Save time and renovate your homes online
- Konkona Sen Sharma wins top honour at Mumbai Film Fest
- 'Mango Dreams' a film about India-Pakistan partition survivor received positively at Jio MAMI Mumbai Film Festival
- Shah Rukh Khan teaches Alia Bhatt how to live 'Dear Zindagi' on Facebook live chat!
- 'Daughters of Mother India' wins big at the CAM International Film Festival
- Shah Rukh Khan's 'Don 3' in the making?