Shekhar Kapur wants more films like `Bombay Talkies`
Mumbai: Anthology film ‘Bombay Talkies’, a tribute to 100 years of Indian cinema, has appealed to Shekhar Kapur so much that the internationally acclaimed filmmaker says that Bollywood should produce more such films.
“Watching `Bombay Talkies`, would love to see more of these. Directors expressing themselves without pressures of perceived box office,” tweeted the 67-year-old.
The film brings on the screen four different stories put together by directors Zoya Akhtar, Karan Johar, Anurag Kashyap and Dibaker Banerjee.
It has already hit the domestic box office amid good reviews and now ‘Bombay Talkies’ is set for gala screening at the prestigious Cannes International Film Festival that begins May 15.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- THIS 'Bigg Boss 10' commoner contestant bags a Bollywood film?
- Box Office report: Aamir Khan's 'Dangal' picks up pace on weekend again
- 'Airlift' is special for Akshay Kumar, Nimrat Kaur
- Commando 2: Vidyut Jammwal takes excitement up a notch ahead of trailer release
- Aamir Khan's 'Dangal' declared tax-free in Madhya Pradesh