Shekhar Kapur wants more films like `Bombay Talkies`
Mumbai: Anthology film ‘Bombay Talkies’, a tribute to 100 years of Indian cinema, has appealed to Shekhar Kapur so much that the internationally acclaimed filmmaker says that Bollywood should produce more such films.
“Watching `Bombay Talkies`, would love to see more of these. Directors expressing themselves without pressures of perceived box office,” tweeted the 67-year-old.
The film brings on the screen four different stories put together by directors Zoya Akhtar, Karan Johar, Anurag Kashyap and Dibaker Banerjee.
It has already hit the domestic box office amid good reviews and now ‘Bombay Talkies’ is set for gala screening at the prestigious Cannes International Film Festival that begins May 15.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Social stigma on HIV/AIDS should be pulled down: Aishwarya Rai Bachchan
- Karan Johar yearns to work with Anurag Kashyap again
- Esteemed sarangi maestro Ustad Sabri Khan passes away
- Serena Williams goes nude for 2016 Pirelli Calendar shoot
- 'Bajirao Mastani' vs 'Dilwale': Which one will outshine the other?