Shiney Ahuja to come back with `Welcome Back
Mumbai: Actor Shiney Ahuja, who faded into obscurity after he was accused of rape by his former domestic help, will now be seen in Anees Bazmi`s `Welcome Back`.
Confirming the news, Shiney told: "Yes, I am a part of `Welcome Back`. I got a call from Anees sir`s casting director and he briefed me about my role. It`s a comedy film and I come in the second half of the film."
The actor will start shooting in Dubai soon for the film.
"This role is different and I have not played (such a role) earlier," he added.
The first schedule of `Welcome Back`, which has an ensemble cast including Naseeruddin Shah, Dimple Kapadia, John Abraham, Shruti Hassan, Anil Kapoor, Nana Patekar and Paresh Rawal, has already been completed in Dubai.
Shiney says his family is relieved that he is getting work.
"I can`t tell you how happy my family is. In fact, they are relieved. I don`t know about a comeback, but I am grateful to god," he added.
Shiney was last seen in a horror film `Ghost`, which bombed at the box office.
The actor was arrested in June 2009 following charges of rape, wrongful confinement and criminal intimidation levelled by his maid. He spent nearly five months behind bars.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Amid political tensions, three-tiered security for Oscars
- 'Lion' significantly talks about child adoption: Priyanka Bose
- It's Shahid Kapoor's birthday! Let's take a look at his TOP 5 roles
- Rangoon box office collections: Kangana, Shahid and Saif starrer witnesses slow start!
- 'Lipstick Under My Burkha': CBFC cites 'audio pornography', 'abusive words' reasons to refuse certification