Shooting for `Chashme Baddoor` was like picnic: Taapsee Pannu
Mumbai: Taapsee Pannu, who makes her Bollywood debut with ‘Chashme Buddoor’ remake, says shooting for David Dhawan directed film was so much fun that she and her co-star felt they were on a picnic.
"It was en entertainment zone. We shot in Goa and it was like a picnic, a paid holiday for us. We have worked with one of the most successful commercial directors and that`s why we are in a safe zone," the 25-year-old said here Monday on the sets of reality show ‘India`s Best Dramebaaz.’
A remake of the 1981-classic ‘Chashme Buddoor’, which had Farooque Sheikh, Deepti Naval, Rakesh Bedi and Ravi Baswani, the new version also stars Ali Zafar, Divyendu Sharma and Siddharth. It is set for a Friday release.
Taapsee, who has stepped into Deepti Naval`s shoes, hopes to get appreciation from the audience.
"It is my first film and be ready to see a new girl in Bollywood," she said and added that she hopes "to get more opportunities and appreciation".
"I am nervous because it`s my first Bollywood film but I am confident as well because we have put in a lot of hard work," added the actress who featured in southern movies like Tamil movie ‘Aadukalam’ and Telugu film ‘Veera’.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Prisma fever grips Bollywood celebrities! – View pics
- Learn to make a pen stand out of waste material! Watch video
- Varun Dhawan reacts to Salman Khan's acquittal
- 'Happy Bhag Jayegi': 'Aashiq Tera' track highlights the love triangle between Diana Penty, Abhay Deol, Ali Fazal—Watch video
- Here's what Renuka Shahane has to say about Salman Khan's acquittal in black buck poaching cases
- 'Star Wars Episode VIII' officially wraps production
- ‘Wanted’ duo Salman Khan – Prabhudheva to team up again?
- 'Madaari' Box Office collections: Irrfan Khan starrer mints Rs 5.75 crores
- Arshad Warsi all set to don director's hat!
- Meet 'Chaani-Sarman' from Ashutosh Gowariker's 'Mohenjo Daro'- See new poster