‘Shootout at Wadala` will have first shirtless don: Sanjay Gupta
Mumbai: Filmmaker Sanjay Gupta Saturday said his film ‘Shootout at Wadala’ will have protagonist Manya Surve, played by John Abraham, as the first shirtless mafia don in Bollywood.
Also with actors like Akshay Kumar and Salman Khan in the role of dons, the director says that his dons will be better than the rest.
"This is will be the first shirtless don. You will not get to see anyone else like this in Bollywood. No one will be able to compete with him (John)," Gupta told reporters during the first look launch of his film here.
John also put an action-filled performance at the promotional event.
Asked if item numbers figured in the film, the director said that Bipasha Basu, Deepika Padukone and Priyanka Chopra have been approached for them.
"There are not three but four item numbers. We have approached few of them. But it`s in the process and it will be wrong to name anyone," he said.
The film also stars Anil Kapoor, Kangna Ranaut, Tusshar Kapoor, Manoj Bajpai and Sonu Sood.
Aasked about how it was to work with Manoj Bajpai, John said:"He is a good co-star and an excellent actor. He has given many good inputs in the film."
This first look of the film had an innovative promotional activity as it was launched simultaneously in five different cities - Mumbai, Delhi, Hyderabad, Ahmedabad and Lucknow.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Vidya Balan's 'Begum Jaan': 'Prem Mein Tohre' by Asha Bhosle highlights Anu Malik's musical brilliance
- Akshay Kumar's 'Soch aur Shauch' video is an eye-opener - Must WATCH
- Varun Dhawan – Alia Bhatt’s ‘Badrinath Ki Dulhania’ scores a century!
- Raveena Tandon’s ‘Maatr’: Impactful teaser out! WATCH
- Akshay Kumar’s boxing session with ‘little goons’ is the cutest thing you will WATCH today