Siddharth Malhotra will be `fast and furious` in his next film
Mumbai: Bollywood newcomer Siddharth Malhotra will be next seen in an action movie, which is on the lines of Hollywood hit `Fast and the Furious`.
Siddharth made his acting debut with Karan Johar-directed `Student of the Year` (2012). The 28-year-old`s untitled action flick, backed by his mentor Karan, is to be directed by Remo D`Souza.
"We have Siddharth Malhotra in an action film. It is about cars. I don`t think we have seen a car film till date in India. I am trying to get that culture here. I hope to bring new kind of films here. It is on the lines of `Fast and Furious`," Remo said.
Though the movie gives the impression of having international flavour, the choreographer-turned-director insisted it has desi content.
"It is a beautiful story about two brothers and cars. We will have another hero as well," Remo said, without divulging further details.
The makers are yet to finalise the second hero. "We do have some actors on list that I have given to Karan Johar. He will see it and then we will decide. The leading lady will be a new girl," the choreographer-director said.
The yet to be titled action film is backed by Karan and UTV Motion Pictures. It will go on floors in September.
At present, Remo is excited to be back as a judge on dance reality show `Jhalak Dikhla Jaa`, whose sixth season went on air from June 1.
"There are several reasons to be excited for the show – one is dance, co-judges (Madhuri Dixit and Karan) and a host of fantastic celebrities and choreographers," he said.
"I take this as my personal show. I sit on the creative part, see if the promo is right or not. I keep giving inputs to make the show larger and bigger," the 39-year-old ace choreographer said.
The show has a host of contestants like singer Shaan, actress Aarti Chhabria, international dancer Lauren Gottlieb (of `ABCD` fame), TV actors Shweta Tiwari, Drashti Dhami, Karanvir Bohra, Siddharth Shukla, Ekta Kaul, Meghna Malik, Eijaz Khan, comedian Suresh Menon and India`s Got Talent winners Sonali and Sumanth.
"This time line up of celebrities is fantastic. Shaan, is a surprise package, Drashti Dhami is a good dancer. This will be the toughest season for judges," Remo said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shah Rukh Khan, Alia Bhatt to be first guests on upcoming season of 'Koffee with Karan'?
- All you need to know about Indira Ekadashi
- How to save your suede shoes from damage
- Along with cast and crew, Priyanka Chopra enjoys 'Quantico' season 2 screening! – Pics inside
- 'Dance+' season two: 14-year-old Tanay Malhara takes home the trophy
- Oops! Deepika Padukone, Ranveer Singh's 'Padmavati' DELAYED?
- Indian film industry's earnings to be $3.7 billion by 2020, says report
- Gurmeet Ram Rahim Singh to donate money for research
- Ajay Devgn and Kajol create 'Shivaay' magic in Google and Facebook headquarters! Pics inside
- Check out Katrina Kaif's brand new look in 'Jagga Jasoos'! Pic inside