Siddharth Malhotra will be `fast and furious` in his next film
Mumbai: Bollywood newcomer Siddharth Malhotra will be next seen in an action movie, which is on the lines of Hollywood hit `Fast and the Furious`.
Siddharth made his acting debut with Karan Johar-directed `Student of the Year` (2012). The 28-year-old`s untitled action flick, backed by his mentor Karan, is to be directed by Remo D`Souza.
"We have Siddharth Malhotra in an action film. It is about cars. I don`t think we have seen a car film till date in India. I am trying to get that culture here. I hope to bring new kind of films here. It is on the lines of `Fast and Furious`," Remo said.
Though the movie gives the impression of having international flavour, the choreographer-turned-director insisted it has desi content.
"It is a beautiful story about two brothers and cars. We will have another hero as well," Remo said, without divulging further details.
The makers are yet to finalise the second hero. "We do have some actors on list that I have given to Karan Johar. He will see it and then we will decide. The leading lady will be a new girl," the choreographer-director said.
The yet to be titled action film is backed by Karan and UTV Motion Pictures. It will go on floors in September.
At present, Remo is excited to be back as a judge on dance reality show `Jhalak Dikhla Jaa`, whose sixth season went on air from June 1.
"There are several reasons to be excited for the show – one is dance, co-judges (Madhuri Dixit and Karan) and a host of fantastic celebrities and choreographers," he said.
"I take this as my personal show. I sit on the creative part, see if the promo is right or not. I keep giving inputs to make the show larger and bigger," the 39-year-old ace choreographer said.
The show has a host of contestants like singer Shaan, actress Aarti Chhabria, international dancer Lauren Gottlieb (of `ABCD` fame), TV actors Shweta Tiwari, Drashti Dhami, Karanvir Bohra, Siddharth Shukla, Ekta Kaul, Meghna Malik, Eijaz Khan, comedian Suresh Menon and India`s Got Talent winners Sonali and Sumanth.
"This time line up of celebrities is fantastic. Shaan, is a surprise package, Drashti Dhami is a good dancer. This will be the toughest season for judges," Remo said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sidharth Malhotra felt wonderful doing the US tour! READ
- I still feel I have a lot more to do and achieve says, Jacqueline Fernandez
- Expectations soaring high! Beyonce gearing up to perform at 2016 MTV Video Music Awards?
- Salman Khan's 'Being SalMan: The Official Game' is out for you to 'Khelo'
- Arbaaz Khan feels he is more suited for second lead!
- Kangana Ranaut flies to US to prepare for role in 'Simran'
- Would love to direct Ajay Devgn, Kajol in a family drama: Rohit Shetty
- MASSIVE! Salman Khan's 'Sultan' celebrates 50 days in theatres – Details inside
- 'Lion' trailer: Dev Patel once again proves his acting brilliance – Watch
- Akshay Kumar's 'Rustom' vs Hrithik Roshan's 'Mohenjo Daro': Week two BO collections are out!