Simi Garewal set to return to film direction
Mumbai: Veteran actress Simi Garewal is all set to return to film direction after a gap of almost 24 years.
Simi Garewal, who is best remembered for her role in Raj Kapoor`s `Mera Naam Joker`, is all charged up to return to the silver screen, not as an actor, but as a director.
"She has written a script. And she is looking to direct it. The film will be shot in New York and Moscow. It is all in a developing stage...So cannot reveal anything more," a source close to the actress told reporters.
In 1988, Simi had written and directed a Hindi feature film `Rukhsat`. The film, a family drama, featured Mithun Chakraborty, Anuradha Patel, Marc Zuber, Pradeep Kumar, Rohini Hattangadi and Amrish Puri.
She was also the writer-director of the popular TV talk show `Rendezvous with Simi Garewal` (1997), which she hosted. Besides that, she also directed a three-part TV documentary series-- `India`s Rajiv` (1991).
Simi, who is usually spotted in her signature white clothes on TV shows and at award ceremonies, is popularly known as the `Lady in White`.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Guess who? This Bollywood veteran is giving Salman Khan serious fitness goals - Pic inside
- Usher announces new album 'Hard II Love'
- Remember Parul Chauhan aka Ragini from 'Bidaai'? Her latest pictures will make your jaw drop!
- Watch: Mouni Roy, Sanjeeda Sheikh's crazy 'Afghan Jalebi' act will make your day!
- B-Town celebs send warm wishes to Shahid Kapoor and Mira Rajput on birth of their daughter!
- Mechanic Resurrection movie review: Fails to rise
- Taapsee Pannu, Neeraj Pandey reteam on 'Meera'
- 'A Flying Jatt' Box Office collections: Tiger Shroff-Jacqueline Fernandez starrer mints Rs 7.10 cr on opening day!
- Sidharth Malhotra bats for Sonakshi Sinha's 'Akira'- Watch cutest promotion video!
- 'Baar Baar Dekho' promotions: Katrina Kaif-Sidharth Malhotra stun with their chemistry on 'Jhalak Dikhhla Jaa'