Sonam Kapoor enjoyed `dialogue-baazi` in `Raanjhanaa`
Mumbai: Actress Sonam Kapoor says she loved delivering catchy dialogues in her forthcoming film ‘Raanjhanaa’.
"The writer, Himanshu Sharma writes very catchy dialogues. The trailer tells you all about it and dare I say, the dialogues are very local in taste. I loved speaking them. Like, `Ek thappad marungi toh saari rangbaazi nikal jaegi ek minute mein (One slap will put you in your place)`," the 28-year-old said here in an interview Sunday.
"You rarely get to mouth such dialogues and I enjoyed the `dialogue-baazi` in the film," she added.
Sonam plays Zoya in the film, and her character`s growth is shown since she is a 15-year-old teenager to when she grows up to be 26.
The actress admits she was nervous about playing a 15-year-old girl, but says the crowd present at the shoot helped her do it confidently.
"I was a bit nervous about going out in a uniform with hair tied into two plaits and (I used to wonder) how people would react to it and how will I perform in front of so many people.
"(On the) First day we gave two shots and the audience there started clapping and shouting. So that raised my confidence. I was nervous about playing a 15-year-old girl, but once I got the dialogues, it was easy for me to do," Sonam said.
Directed by Anand L. Rai, "Raanjhanaa" also stars southern star Dhanush. The film is releasing Friday.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- HC refuses to stay summons to 'Jolly LLB 2' team
- Rangoon: Saif Ali Khan’s interview with ‘Shopkeeper’ Gaurav Gera is hilarious – Watch
- Ranbir Kapoor looks exactly like young Sanjay Dutt in leaked PICS from the biopic!
- Toilet - Ek Prem Katha: New still featuring Akshay Kumar, Bhumi Pednekar out
- 'Badrinath Ki Dulhania' promotions: Varun Dhawan, Alia Bhatt take Jaipur by storm - Watch