‘Special 26’ is an entertaining and smart film, says the cast
New Delhi: The cast of ‘Special 26’ came down to the capital city recently and in an exclusive chat with Zeenews they gave out some very interesting details about the film.
Akshay said that film is based on a unique real life incident that occurred in 1987 and involved a gang of 26 ‘conmen.’
Akshay has crooned a number ‘Mujhme tu’, for the first time ever and revealed that he had to practice for two to two and half hours to get the song right.
On being quizzed if ‘Special 26’ was anywhere like ‘A Wednesday’ directed by Neeraj Pandey, Anupam Kher said, “It is not always that a director tries to give obvious messages in his films because he aims primarily to make a good and an entertaining film. But in the case of ‘Special 26’, the director has tried to make an entertaining, smart and a charming film. So if the audience thinks that there is a message in the film, it is an added advantage for us.”
Actress Kajal Agarwal, who made her Bollywood debut with ‘Singham’ is quite upbeat about her role in the film. “I am waiting for people’s response to my role in the film. Till now, my experience has been great in Bollywood,” she said.
Manoj Bajpayee, who plays a CBI officer in the film, was asked whether he is content with the roles he has done or he still feels that his big break is yet to come. He replied by answering optimistically and said, “Every film is challenge and it brings an equal level of excitement for the actor.”
Actors are known for changing their career track by joining politics. So Akshay was quizzed whether he would try his luck in politics too the way his father-in-law Rajesh Khanna did. “I can do things that recognize me with. I can be a sports minister,” the actor said, but clarified that he would prefer being away from political campaigns.
Over the growing intolerance among the so-called regulatory authorities that come up with lame excuses to either ban or disrupt the release of the film with its entire content, Manoj Bajpayee and Akshay Kumar shared their opinions on the issue and even suggested some measures to curb the problem.
So while Akki alleged that the film industry is being a soft target to random regulatory groups, Manoj Bajpayee suggested the formation of a statutory body that has all the powers to clear a film so that no other organization could interfere with the film’s release. He added that post the film’s clearance by that organization, the state should ensure that the film gets a smooth release in all the theatres. “If anyone has an objection with the film’s content, then he or she can opt for not watching it. In a democracy, everyone has the right to express and have a say. The film industry’s constitutional rights are being snatched these days,” said the actor.
‘Special 26’ releases on February 8, 2012 and stars Anupam Kher, Akshay Kumar, Manoj Bajpayee, Kajal Agarwal, Divya Dutta and Jimmy Shergill.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ashton Kutcher: Don't print paparazzi pics of my baby girl
- 'My Big Fat Greek Wedding 2' to hit theaters in March 2016
- One dead in shootout at Mumbai Film City, tweets Amitabh Bachchan
- Taylor Swift's 'Bad Blood' breaks Vevo record with 20.1m views in 1day
- Maggie Gyllenhaal rejected for a role as she's too old
- 'My Best Friend's Wedding' gets Chinese remake
- Being Human 'Veer Campaign' to help in skill training 5 lakh people with disabilities
- Paul McCartney pens new songs for film adaptation of his book
- 'Toy Story 4' to be a brand new chapter: John Lasseter
- Looking good allows better performance: Sunidhi on weight loss
- Rebel Wilson sparks Mickey Gooch Jr dating rumors
- A miniseries from "The Wire" creator set to start in August
- Shikhar Dhawan to enter 'Nach Baliye 7' as wild card?
- 'Khooni Saaya' will help create more vigilant society: Rohit Roy
- Maimie McCoy won't be part of 'The Musketeers' 3
- Rowan Atkinson to appear on 'Horrible Histories'
- Dolphin reality show filming suspended in Portugal
- 'Quantico': Siddharth Mallya auditioned to play Priyanka's lover?
- US TV pioneer David Letterman bows out
- Amit Tandon 'honoured' to be backed by Ekta Kapoor
- New &TV show to promote unconventional talent
- 'Glee' cast remembers Cory Monteith in final season
- IAF Mirage fighter plane lands on Yamuna Expressway!
- Kejriwal accuses Centre of trying to rule Delhi through LG
- 'Maggi' under regulatory scanner for excess amount of lead, MSG
- Watch: Michelle Obama's 'Gimme Five' fitness video
- When Subramanian Swamy shocked people at a wedding!
- Expect that Rahul will be Congress president in 2015: Jairam Ramesh
- Mumbaikars join hands to save Pakistani teen with rare illness
- DNA: Analysis of Hurriyat chief Syed Geelani's passport issue
- DNA: Analysis of traffic system of Vancouver, Canada
- Mumbai: Diamond export company denies job to Muslim youth
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 21, 2015
- Mirage 2000 fighter jet landing was part of capability demonstration: IAF
- DNA: IAF Mirage 2000 fighter plane lands successfully on Yamuna expressway
- DNA: Osama documents show 'Indian brother in Madinah' financed al Qaeda
- PM Modi's key campaign team member may join Nitish Kumar
- RBSE (rajresults.nic.in) Class 12th science and commerce results 2015: Rajasthan Board Class 12th XII exam results 2015 expected to be announced on May 21
- RBSE (rajresults.nic.in) Class 12th science and commerce results 2015: Rajasthan Board Class 12th XII exam results 2015 to be announced today at 4 PM
- JAC 12th Inter Arts Result 2015: JAC 12th Inter Arts Result 2015 (jharkhandeducation.net) likely to be announced on Thursday May 21 at 1 PM
- CBSE Class 10 Results 2015 to be announced today?
- IAF jet lands on Yamuna expressway
- Check Jharkhand Board jac.nic.in: Class 12th Art Results 2015 declared
- Andhra Pradesh EAMCET results 2015: Andhra Pradesh EAMCET results to be announced on May 21 at www.apeamcet.org
- Log on to apeamcet.org AP EAMCET Results 2015: Andhra Pradesh EAMCET Marks and AP EAMCET Ranks 2015 declared
- Fawad Khan doesn’t want intimate scenes with Sonam Kapoor?
- We hire only non-Muslim candidates, diamond export firm tells Muslim youth
- IPL 2015: Rajasthan Royals vs Royal Challengers Bangalore - As it happened...
- DHSE (dhsekerala.gov.in) 12th Result 2015: Kerala DHSE Class 12th XII exam results 2015 to be announced on May 21
- Is MSG in 'Maggi' noodles harmful for you?
- SSLC (tnresults.nic.in) Tenth 10th Results 2015: Tamil Nadu Board Class 10th X Higher Secondary exam results 2015 to be declared on May 21
- 'IAS officer DK Ravi possibly committed suicide, suffered big loss in real estate business'