Special screening of `Midnight`s Children` for charity
New Delhi: A special screening of Deepa Mehta`s forthcoming film ‘Midnight`s Children’ was organised to raise funds for a charity organisation, which operates a mobile clinic to give medical aid to underprivileged in the slums here.
The special screening was aimed at raising funds for Ila Trust founded by Reeta Devi. It was attended by Mehta, along with author Salman Rushdie on whose Booker Prize-winning novel of the same name the film is based.
Seema Biswas and Shashi Tharoor, minister of state for human resource development along with his wife Sunanda Pushkar also attended the screening.
"It takes one honest, motivated person to help better the lives of hundreds. Reeta Dev Burman is that one person. She leads a one-woman crusade to alleviate the suffering of those marginalised by society," Mehta said in a statement
"To have the premium screening of our film `Midnight`s Children` in benefit of Ila Trust is indeed an honour and a privilege," she added.
Distributed by PVR Pictures, the film is set to release in India Feb 1.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Bigg Boss 10: Manu Punjabi to make a comeback on Salman Khan's show?
- Relationships, friendships and more: Karan Johar reveals the truth about actors
- Ranveer Singh prefers to protect his personal life!
- Seven times Karisma Kapoor gave us serious fashion goals
- Are stubborn acne marks troubling you? Check out these home remedies
- Box Office report: Here's how much 'Dear Zindagi', 'Kahaani 2' collected on Saturday!
- Rana Daggubati, Taapsee Pannu's 'The Ghazi Attack' to strike patriotic chord
- What made Sanjay Leela Bhansali believe that Deepika Padukone's 'Padmavati' has kick started!
- 'Guardians of the Galaxy Vol 2' new teaser trailer takes excitement up a notch
- Is THIS the reason why Farhan Akhtar refused to act in Akshay Kumar's 'Gold'?