Special screening of 'Singham' for Goa police
Panaji: A special screening of Ajay Devgan`s Singham was arranged here today for the Goa police with Director General of Police Aditya Arya also attending it.
The movie was partially shot in Goa and has reference to the Goa Police extensively although its entirely a fiction.
State-owned Kala Academy`s 900-odd-seat Dinanath Mangeshkar Auditorium was booked by the police department for special screening of the movie, which was supported by the distributors Reliance Entertainment Pvt Ltd.
Policemen were present with their family members for the show, which was an initiative taken by DGP Arya to motivate the force.
"It’s much dramatised version of what police faces but it was motivating. I pray to all you in Goa police and their families to live up to whatever seen here (in the movie),” Arya said in his brief speech after the show.
Almost all the Superintendents of Police were present for the show, while senior officers on duty were spared from attending it.
Officials said that an another show would be screened in South Goa tomorrow for the district police at 1000-odd-seat Ravindra Bhavan auditorium in Margao.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sidharth Malhotra felt wonderful doing the US tour! READ
- I still feel I have a lot more to do and achieve says, Jacqueline Fernandez
- Expectations soaring high! Beyonce gearing up to perform at 2016 MTV Video Music Awards?
- Salman Khan's 'Being SalMan: The Official Game' is out for you to 'Khelo'
- Arbaaz Khan feels he is more suited for second lead!
- Kangana Ranaut flies to US to prepare for role in 'Simran'
- Would love to direct Ajay Devgn, Kajol in a family drama: Rohit Shetty
- MASSIVE! Salman Khan's 'Sultan' celebrates 50 days in theatres – Details inside
- 'Lion' trailer: Dev Patel once again proves his acting brilliance – Watch
- Akshay Kumar's 'Rustom' vs Hrithik Roshan's 'Mohenjo Daro': Week two BO collections are out!