Special screening of 'Singham' for Goa police
Panaji: A special screening of Ajay Devgan`s Singham was arranged here today for the Goa police with Director General of Police Aditya Arya also attending it.
The movie was partially shot in Goa and has reference to the Goa Police extensively although its entirely a fiction.
State-owned Kala Academy`s 900-odd-seat Dinanath Mangeshkar Auditorium was booked by the police department for special screening of the movie, which was supported by the distributors Reliance Entertainment Pvt Ltd.
Policemen were present with their family members for the show, which was an initiative taken by DGP Arya to motivate the force.
"It’s much dramatised version of what police faces but it was motivating. I pray to all you in Goa police and their families to live up to whatever seen here (in the movie),” Arya said in his brief speech after the show.
Almost all the Superintendents of Police were present for the show, while senior officers on duty were spared from attending it.
Officials said that an another show would be screened in South Goa tomorrow for the district police at 1000-odd-seat Ravindra Bhavan auditorium in Margao.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- `We behaved with Shiney as nothing has happened': Anil Kapoor
- Glad to revisit gritty genre with 'Udta Punjab': Kareena Kapoor Khan
- 'Phantom'-asmic opening weekend, movie mints over 33 crore in three days!
- Medical charity MSF to take legal action against `Phantom` makers
- 'Hard-working' John Abraham prefers working on holidays