Speedy shoot for `Highway`, wrapped up before schedule
Mumbai: Imtiaz Ali shot Alia Bhatt and Randeep Hooda-starrer ‘Highway’ at such a speed that he reached the finishing line eight days ahead of its planned schedule.
The film was wrapped up May 28.
"This film had the most number of locations in a film for me, and yet the shortest span of shoot. Of course, that`s how it should have been for a movie called `Highway`. This shooting has been the most intense and liberating journey," Imtiaz, who travelled a lot while making ‘Jab We Met’ and ‘Rockstar’, said in a statement.
The entire shoot was planned for 60 days, but Imtiaz and his team finished the same in 52 days despite a really challenging shoot across six Indian states, said a statement.
From the sub-zero temperatures of snow-clad upper Himachal to the near 50 degree centigrade highs in the last schedule in Gurgaon; from bus and train travel in Rajasthan to hotels with no electricity or water in Kaza (Himachal) and treacherous treks in heavy rain in Kashmir, the film was shot all along the Highway.
The film is produced by Sajid Nadiadwala.
"The film was mounted and executed in a very short time and I am so happy that its shoot has been completed well within schedule. It makes me very happy, proud and responsible that Imtiaz has left the release and distribution of his first production completely to me. With Imtiaz`s magic and A.R. Rahman`s amazing music, `Highway` will be one film to watch out for this December,” said Nadiadwala.
The film is slated to release Dec 13.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Bigg Boss 10: Manu Punjabi’s fiancée and Monalisa’s boyfriend make an appearance
- Himesh Reshammiya, Iulia Vantur join forces for 'Every Night And Day' from 'Aap Se Mausiiquii'
- Karan Johar opens up about his love life!
- Sonam Kapoor looks ravishing in Shantanu & Nikhil design!
- Non-bailable warrant against 'Bigg Boss 10' contestant Om Swami cancelled!
- Opening day Box Office collections of Vidya Balan's 'Kahaani 2' are out!
- Box Office report: Shah Rukh Khan, Alia Bhatt's 'Dear Zindagi' nears Rs 50 crore mark
- Mahira Khan's role chopped in big Bollywood debut 'Raees'—Here's all you need to know
- Sonam Kapoor to play Madhuri Dixit in Sanjay Dutt's biopic?
- Here's how Ranbir Kapoor will be transformed into Sanjay Dutt for Baba's biopic!