SRK on ‘Jab Tak Hai Jaan’: Hope it helps popularise armed forces
Mumbai: Superstar Shah Rukh Khan is happy that he is playing an army officer in `Jab Tak Hai Jaan`, and hopes it can help popularise the forces.
"I am glad that I am playing an army officer. I feel good that by portraying characters from armed forces in our films, hopefully, we can popularise the profession because our army, navy and air force is beyond the profession, it`s a dedication to your nation, this is what I feel," the 47-year-old said here Friday during a press conference held on his birthday.
Shah Rukh says he would be glad if even one young boy is inspired to join the armed forces after watching the film.
"When I was shooting in Kashmir, many officers used to meet and ask `You are doing na`, so, now may be the boys (are getting inspired). I don`t know if they will (get inspired). But if I am able to do that through this film or through `Fauji` or if one person decides to do that, will be really nice because it is the most honourable and noble profession to be in the armed forces," Shah Rukh said.
Shah Rukh had earlier also played an army officer in `Veer Zaara`.
`Jab Tak Hai Jaan` also stars Katrina Kaif and Anushka Sharma and hits theatres this Diwali, Nov 13.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Book lovers go gaga as cine-star Rishi Kapoor takes centrestage at Zee Jaipur Literature Festival
- 'Iron Man 3' actor Miguel Ferrer dead after battling throat cancer
- Zaira Wasim controversy: 'Dangal' star's posters burnt in Kashmir valley
- THIS is what Shah Rukh Khan can't do in front of camera!
- Shah Rukh Khan heads to 'Bigg Boss 10' sets, will meet Salman Khan!
- Deepika Padukone wants to work with THIS Hollywood superstar!
- Commando 2 POSTERS: Vidyut Jammwal, Esha Gupta, Adah Sharma and Freddy Daruwala pack a punch!
- 'Logan' TRAILER alert! Wolverine is back and how—Watch here
- Harshvardhan Kapoor expresses displeasure over Diljit Dosanjh's debut award win
- Shah Rukh Khan’s ‘Raees’ and Roshans’ ‘Kaabil’ clash: My father is hurt, says Hrithik