SRK starrer ‘Don 2’ gets a bill waiver of 3 million Euros

Updated: Oct 16, 2010, 20:18 PM IST

Spicezee Bureau

Mumbai: Bollywood’s most bankable star Shah Rukh Khan’s much anticipated sequel ‘Don 2’ has got an astounding rebate of 3 million Euros from the German government. This is for the first time that such a huge waiver is being offered to any film shot in the country.

The shooting of the ‘Don’ sequel has already begun. It is also being said that even those regions have been made accessible for the makers which until now were reserved only for the big ticket and top directors of Hollywood.

Buzz has it that the action sequences and stunts of ‘Don 2’ are being filmed in the commercial districts of the city.

Talking to a news daily, a source said, “The German government has announced on their website (www.german-info.com) that they will offer their full support and co-operation to the filming of the movie.”

The source further added, “There is already local support in the form of funds of 550,000 Euros from a local film promotion company named Medienboard.”

‘Don 2’ is also expected to boost tourism in Berlin. The source adds that the decision to shoot in Berlin was made after Shah Rukh attended the Berlinale Film Festival last year for the screening of his film ‘My Name is Khan’.

This is the first time when an Indian film has received such a big investment in the form of a waiver from the national government of the country where the film is being shot.