SRK’s latest film on Haj pilgrimage
Mumbai: Karan Johar and Shah Rukh Khan’s film `My Name Is Khan` garnered rave reviews for its thought provoking storyline that revolved around a Muslim man and the indifference meted out to him for being a minority in the United States of America. The duo has now teamed up to make yet another Muslim centric film.
Reportedly, KJo has bought the rights of a National Award winning Malayalam film `Adaminde Makan Abu` at a cost of Rs 25 lakhs. The original story is about an old Mulsim couple, their plans to go on a pilgrimage to Haj and their dilemma.
However, the story for the Hindi version of the film will be altered to accommodate SRK.
The regional film was critically acclaimed though it proved to be a dud at the Box Office. And now it will be interesting to see if Karan is able to add strokes of his creativity to make this film a bigger hit than `MNIK`.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Amrita Sher-Gil self-portrait breaks records, sells for Rs 18.2 crore
- See in pic: Sharp, fierce Salman Khan in 'Sultan' first look
- I would rather slash my wrists than play Bond again: Daniel Craig
- Ghulam Ali agrees to perform in Delhi, Arvind Kejriwal thanks veteran singer
- Kavita Kaushik fumes, walks out of ‘Jhalak Dikhhla...’ grand finale- Know why