Star-studded screening held for `Bombay Talkies`
Mumbai: Prominent names from Bollywood, including veteran writer Javed Akhtar and filmmaker Anurag Kashyap, turned up at a special screening of ‘Bombay Talkies’ here.
The screening, held Friday night at Light Box in Santacruz here, also saw celebrities like Ranveer Singh, Randeep Hooda, Gauri Shinde, Punit Malhotra, Abhishek Kapoor, Varun Dhawan, Sonam Kapoor, Ritesh Sidwani and Kalki Koechlin.
"Bombay Talkies" is a special project made in celebration of the centenary year of Indian cinema. Four directors - Zoya Akhtar, Karan Johar, Anurag Kashyap and Dibaker Banerjee - have put together one short film each to make one big movie.
Karan, who roped in Rani Mukerji for his part of the movie, praised her, and said she is a brilliant performer.
"Rani is a very talented and a beautiful actress. She has been in the industry for so long she is a brilliant performer," he said.
‘Bombay Talkies’ will also have a gala screening at the prestigious Cannes International Film Festival, which begins May 15.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Himesh Reshammiya, Iulia Vantur join forces for 'Every Night And Day' from 'Aap Se Mausiiquii'
- Karan Johar opens up about his love life!
- Sonam Kapoor looks ravishing in Shantanu & Nikhil design!
- Non-bailable warrant against 'Bigg Boss 10' contestant Om Swami cancelled!
- Birthday special: Seven times Jimmy Shergill’s on-screen characters defined life!
- Opening day Box Office collections of Vidya Balan's 'Kahaani 2' are out!
- Box Office report: Shah Rukh Khan, Alia Bhatt's 'Dear Zindagi' nears Rs 50 crore mark
- Mahira Khan's role chopped in big Bollywood debut 'Raees'—Here's all you need to know
- Sonam Kapoor to play Madhuri Dixit in Sanjay Dutt's biopic?
- Here's how Ranbir Kapoor will be transformed into Sanjay Dutt for Baba's biopic!