Stay on `Grand Masti`s release in Punjab, Haryana lifted
Chandigarh: Just two days after it stayed the release of Hindi film `Grand Masti` in cinema theatres in Punjab, Haryana and Chandigarh, the Punjab and Haryana High Court Thursday lifted the order.
The order, imposed by a single judge bench Tuesday, was vacated by a division bench.
The court had earlier stayed the release of the film, scheduled to be released across India on Friday, after a lawyer filed a petition complaining about its vulgar dialogues and obscene content.
He said that the movie promos were degrading women and that the content and actions in the film were indecent.
Starring Vivek Oberoi, Riteish Deshmukh and Aftab Shivdasani, `Grand Masti` is a sequel of the `Masti`, which was released in 2004.
In his petition, the lawyer sought directions for the Central Board of Film Certification to reconsider its approval granted to allow screening of the film.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ronda Rousey to star in film based on her autobiography
- It’s time for the Singh of B-Town to romance ‘Queen’ Kangana Ranaut?
- Biopics challenge me as a filmmaker: Ketan Mehta
- Check out: Adorable Alia Bhatt, Shahid Kapoor in 'Shaandaar' first look teaser
- 'Drishyam' a rare combination of Box Office profit, respect: Ajay Devgn