Subhash Ghai more comfortable with newcomers
Mumbai: Filmmaker Subhash Ghai says he is at ease when he works with newcomers, as they do not demand any chasing.
Ghai, who launched actresses like Manisha Koirala (with `Saudagar`) and Mahima Chaudhry (`Pardes`), is now introducing Mishti to Bollywood with `Kaanchi`.
"We wanted to cast either a superstar actress or a newcomer because only these two could do the film and nobody else. But the writers said big stars have date issues and we are in a compulsion to complete the film in time," Ghai said.
"I wanted to make film freely. I am more comfortable working with newcomers, as with stars, we have to follow them. They work with dedication and they are very passionate about their work and to prove themselves, they give their 100 percent," he added.
`Kaanchi` also stars Kartik Tiwari in the lead and is slated to release in 2014.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Brooklyn' named best British movie at BAFTA film awards
- Aamir Khan, Kangana Ranaut meet Narendra Modi over dinner
- Direction, production no more male-dominated: Javed Akhtar
- Akshay Kumar, Vidyut Jamwal to team up for Ahmed Khan's next?
- Bollywood is smitten with love bug, wishes a great Valentine's Day!