Sunil Grover only has supporting role in `Gabbar`: director
Mumbai: Standup comedian Sunil Grover, known for playing Gutthi in hit TV show "Comedy Nights with Kapil", will play a supporting role in film "Gabbar", director Krish said.
Contrary to the rumours that Sunil has a parallel lead along with Akshay Kumar, the debutante director clarified that it is "an out-and-out Akshay film".
"Let me clarify that Sunil only has a supporting part, but it will be an important one though," Krish said in a statement.
"The film is a mix of comedy and drama. It`s too early to reveal the intricacies of the character," he added.
Meanwhile Sunil, who will be seen in a new TV show as "Chutki", refused to elaborate on his role in "Gabbar".
"I can`t talk about the film yet since I have been asked not to," he said and added that he had no role in rumours about him playing the parallel lead.
"Gabbar" is the Hindi remake of Tamil blockbuster "Ramanna" and will also feature Shruti Haasan, Prakash Raj and Sonu Sood. Actress Kareena Kapoor will make a special appearance in a dance number in it.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Raees: Sunny Leone's Dubsmash of Shah Rukh Khan's dialogue is too good to miss – Watch
- Confirmed! Shah Rukh Khan, Salman Khan to recreate 'Karan Arjun' magic in Kabir Khan's 'Tubelight'
- Vin Diesel wants to do Bollywood movie with Deepika Padukone
- Dia Mirza a part of Rajkumar Hirani's Sanjay Dutt biopic?
- Aamir Khan ‘Dangal’ inching closer to Rs 375 crores collections!