Sunny Deol back at direction with `Ghayal Returns`
Mumbai: Actor Sunny Deol will go behind the camera as well as face it for ‘Ghayal Returns’, a sequel to the 1990 revenge action drama ‘Ghayal’. The film is likely to go on floors in February 2014.
Earlier, it was reported that Rahul Rawail would direct the project.
But now a source close to the actor said: "Sunny will be directing `Ghayal Returns` and it will not be the continuation of the old story, but the character of Amit Mehra (from the original) will be taken forward."
The 57-year-old Sunny earlier said he has been trying to make the part two ever since the original came out.
The project is still in its scripting phase, the source said and added: "It`s too early to talk about the plot of the film."
Sunny had directed the 1999 film ‘Dillagi’, which also starred his brother Bobby.
‘Ghayal’, which also starred Meenakshi Seshadri and Raj Babbar, was directed by Rajkumar Santoshi.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Hansal Mehta reveals Rajkummar's look from 'Omerta' on his birthday
- Alia Bhatt to turn 'Dulhania' for Badrinath aka Varun Dhawan one more time! Picture blast
- No issue with censor board: 'Baar Baar Dekho' director
- Emraan Hashmi hopes 'Baadshaho' turns out bigger than 'Once Upon A Time in Mumbaai'
- Photo alert! Witness Akshay Kumar, Huma Qureshi's adorable chemistry on the sets of 'Jolly LLB 2'