Sunny Deol steers clear of Shah Rukh Khan and Akshay Kumar`s clash?
Zee Media Bureau
New Delhi: While there has been news of tough competition between two Bollywood biggies- Shah Rukh Khan and Akshay Kumar- who are said to release their respective movies on Eid this year, Sunny Deol, in a smart move, has shifted the release date of his upcoming project!
Deol’s ‘Singh Saheb The Great’ was said to be slotted for Eid release this year, which is on the same day as SRK’s ‘Chennai Express’ and Akshay’s ‘Once Upon A Time in Mumbaai Again’ are to hit the theatres. However, the actor decided to shift his release date to October 11, in order to avoid any ego clashes, a tabloid reported.
“It made no sense for director Anil Sharma and Sunny to hit the theatres on Eid when already two big films are fighting for theatres. While Ronnie Screwvala has already booked many screens, Ekta is also hell-bent on getting her film a fair share at the box office,” the tabloid’s sources said.
“It was getting difficult for Singh Saheb to get any theatres and it was a sensible decision by Sunny to not let ego hamper the film,” the sources added.
Director Anil Sharma said, “We do not wish to be involved when two films are already fighting at the box office. Our sole aim is to have the best possible release for our own project, on October 11.”
Well, Sunny, we hope this clever decision will help ‘Singh Saheb The Great’ attain a box office success!
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Photo alert! First look of Dwayne Johnson from 'Fast & Furious 8'!
- Love is blind, like literally! Riteish Deshmukh's 'Housefull 3' proves it - Pic Inside
- 'Sultan' new poster: See robust Salman Khan turns 'Golden Sultan' magnifying the aura!
- Arjun Rampal captures priceless moments from 'Kahaani 2'! – View pics
- Saqib Saleem all praises for Radhika Apte's 'knockout performance' in 'Phobia'!