Suraj Pancholi very much part of `Hero` remake: Subhash Ghai
Mumbai: Filmmaker Subhash Ghai said that he and actor Salman Khan stood by their commitment to launch Suraj Pancholi in the remake version of 1983 film `Hero`.
Ghai further said that model-actress Jiah Khan suicide case will have no bearing on the newcomer`s debut.
Speculations were rife that Suraj, son of actor Aditya Pancholi, would not be the part of the remake version after police booked him for allegedly abetting Jiah`s suicide but Ghai denied the reports.
"Suraj is not at fault and why should he be punished for it? He is a wonderful and potential actor. We had committed to him and we will stand by it. How can we go back? Salman is not the person who will go back on his words," he said.
Actor Suniel Shetty`s daughter Athiya will be launched opposite Suraj in the remake of the 1983 blockbuster directed by Ghai which starred actors Jackie Shroff and Meenakshi Sheshadri in the lead.
"We are making a film with him (Suraj). I don`t know when it will go on floors. I have to discuss it with Salman. But definitely we are making the film with Suraj," Ghai said, adding he was planning to meet Salman next week and chalk out the details.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I'm looking at 'Ittefaq' as new film: Sonakshi Sinha
- Phillauri box office collections: Anushka Sharma-Diljit Dosanjh's 'spirited' saga has minted this much so far!
- Ranbir Kapoor as a boy scout in 'Jagga Jasoos' latest PIC! Can you spot him?
- Shah Rukh Khan to clash with Akshay Kumar at the Box Office!
- Shraddha Kapoor – Arjun Kapoor sizzle as a couple in ‘Half Girlfriend’ First Look