Tamil Nadu bans Kamal Haasan’s `Vishwaroopam` for 15 days
Chennai: With Muslim organisations objecting to actor-filmmaker Kamal Haasan`s movie ‘Vishwaroopam’ on the ground that it portrays the community in bad light, the Tamil Nadu government Wednesday banned it for 15 days.
The movie was slated for release Friday and the government order was issued late Wednesday after the representatives of some Muslim organisations met the state home secretary and submitted a memorandum.
When Muslim organisations had objected to the movie, Kamal Haasan organised a special show for them to allay their fears.
However, the organisations hardened their stance after watching the movie, alleging that the community was shown in bad light.
According to H.M. Jawahirullah, a member of Tamil Nadu assembly and president of Muslim Munetra Kazhagam, the movie painted all Muslims as terrorists.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sidharth Malhotra felt wonderful doing the US tour! READ
- I still feel I have a lot more to do and achieve says, Jacqueline Fernandez
- Expectations soaring high! Beyonce gearing up to perform at 2016 MTV Video Music Awards?
- Salman Khan's 'Being SalMan: The Official Game' is out for you to 'Khelo'
- Arbaaz Khan feels he is more suited for second lead!
- Kangana Ranaut flies to US to prepare for role in 'Simran'
- Would love to direct Ajay Devgn, Kajol in a family drama: Rohit Shetty
- MASSIVE! Salman Khan's 'Sultan' celebrates 50 days in theatres – Details inside
- 'Lion' trailer: Dev Patel once again proves his acting brilliance – Watch
- Akshay Kumar's 'Rustom' vs Hrithik Roshan's 'Mohenjo Daro': Week two BO collections are out!