Tamil Nadu bans Kamal Haasan’s `Vishwaroopam` for 15 days
Chennai: With Muslim organisations objecting to actor-filmmaker Kamal Haasan`s movie ‘Vishwaroopam’ on the ground that it portrays the community in bad light, the Tamil Nadu government Wednesday banned it for 15 days.
The movie was slated for release Friday and the government order was issued late Wednesday after the representatives of some Muslim organisations met the state home secretary and submitted a memorandum.
When Muslim organisations had objected to the movie, Kamal Haasan organised a special show for them to allay their fears.
However, the organisations hardened their stance after watching the movie, alleging that the community was shown in bad light.
According to H.M. Jawahirullah, a member of Tamil Nadu assembly and president of Muslim Munetra Kazhagam, the movie painted all Muslims as terrorists.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Nawazuddin to star in Sohail Khan's next
- Emraan Hashmi in and as 'Azhar' releases terrific first look on Azharuddin's birthday—See pic!
- Nicolas Cage to star in 'Vengeance: A Love Story'
- Vidya Balan to play 'Begum Jaan' in Mahesh Bhatt's next!
- It's awesome! 'The Jungle Book' trailer will sweep fans off their feet-- Watch