Tamil Nadu bans Kamal Haasan’s `Vishwaroopam` for 15 days
Chennai: With Muslim organisations objecting to actor-filmmaker Kamal Haasan`s movie ‘Vishwaroopam’ on the ground that it portrays the community in bad light, the Tamil Nadu government Wednesday banned it for 15 days.
The movie was slated for release Friday and the government order was issued late Wednesday after the representatives of some Muslim organisations met the state home secretary and submitted a memorandum.
When Muslim organisations had objected to the movie, Kamal Haasan organised a special show for them to allay their fears.
However, the organisations hardened their stance after watching the movie, alleging that the community was shown in bad light.
According to H.M. Jawahirullah, a member of Tamil Nadu assembly and president of Muslim Munetra Kazhagam, the movie painted all Muslims as terrorists.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Top 5 reasons why relationships fail
- 'Tanu Weds Manu Returns' kick starts well at the Box Office!
- A 'new Irrfan' to watch out for in 'Jazbaa': Sanjay Gupta
- Anupam Kher's health dilemmas
- 'Dil Dhadakne Do' pooch to travel for promotions?
- 'Bombairiya' our ode to Mumbai: British-born producer
- Ryan Reynolds grants young fan's wish to meet Deadpool
- Vergara's former fiance to seek custody of embryos
- Stone, Garfield still have the 'sparks'
- Shabana Azmi went street shopping for 'Chalk n Duster'
- Would love to do a film based on chess: Aamir Khan
- Shah Rukh Khan undergoes knee surgery, advised rest
- Gul Panag launches fitness app in Mumbai
- Michelle Obama packs a punch, accepts workout challenge
- Want to lose weight? Eat little, but often
- Tom Hardy reveals painful drug-addled past
- Portia De Rossi opens up about early struggle with bulimia, anorexia
- Tanuja, daughters create breast cancer awareness
- Meditation should be part of school curriculum: Shoojit Sircar
- Zoe Saldana has banished 'diet'
- Mandira Bedi turns fitness guru
- Sam Smith happier than ever post weight loss
- PM Modi speaks at Golden Jubilee celebrations of poet Dinkar’s works
- Vadodara: Policemen seen dancing with bar girls
- Coal scam: Naveen Jindal, Madhu Koda and others get bail
- DNA: IAF Mirage 2000 fighter plane lands successfully on Yamuna expressway
- Zee Media Exclusive: Kangana, Madhavan talk about their film 'Tanu Weds Manu Returns'
- One year of Modi govt: Arun Jaitley addresses press conference
- DNA: Osama documents show 'Indian brother in Madinah' financed al Qaeda
- ISIS executes Syrian fighter using anti-tank rocket launcher
- DNA: Harmful chemicals found in Maggi, Nestle India still in denial mode
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with Congress leader Kamal Nath
- CM Kejriwal shortlists 39 'unwanted' IAS officers in Delhi
- Columbia student takes rape-protest mattress to graduation
- Mumbai: One injured in shootout at Film City
- DNA: Modi-led NDA govt's hits and misses in one year
- Delhi: Car catches fire after crash, one dead
- Jayalalithaa makes public appearance, meets Governor: As it happened
- IPL 2015, Qualifier 2: CSK vs RCB - As it happened...
- Geelani's passport application incomplete, cannot be processed: MEA
- India to soon have its own space shuttle!
- Kejriwal slams notification on LG's powers, says Modi running Delhi govt through back door
- Tanu Weds Manu Returns movie review: Brilliant execution, superb performance!
- Manohar Parrikar meets troops at Siachen base camp
- Wbbse.org 10th Madhyamik Pariksha Results 2015: West Bengal Board (wbresults.nic.in) Class 10th, WB MP Results 2015 to be announced today shortly
- Businessman shot next to Amitabh Bachchan's shooting location in Mumbai Film City
- West Bengal Board (wbbse.org & wbresults.nic.in) Class 10th Madhyamik Pariksha (MP) Results 2015 to be announced today at 10 AM
- RBSE 12th Results 2015 (rajeduboard.nic.in & rajresults.nic.in): Rajasthan Board BSER Ajmer Senior Secondary Class 12th XII Intermediate Science & Commerce Exam Results 2015 to be declared today on May 22
- Rajasthan Board RBSE 12th Inter Results 2015: BSER Ajmer (rajeduboard.nic.in & rajresults.nic.in) Senior Secondary Class 12th Science & Commerce Exam Results 2015 to be declared today at 2 PM
- Rahul Gandhi to pressurise govt to act on one-rank-one-pension issue
- PM Narendra Modi graces Digvijay Singh's son wedding reception
- After land bill, net neutrality, Rahul Gandhi to fight for ex-servicemen now