‘Tayyab Ali’ reprised by Imran Khan and Sonakshi Sinha at ‘OUATIMD’ music launch
Mumbai: Bollywood actors Sonakshi Sinha and Imran Khan promoted their upcoming gangster film, ‘Once Upon A Time In Mumbaai Dobara’ by reprising a famous song of the 1970s.
Performing on stage to the energetic dance number, Khan said the film is action packed, but has lighter moments, including the notorious song `Tayyab Ali ` in which Khan is teasing Sinha`s father about being a roadblock in their love story.
"Films are promoted according to the message they give out. This is for the first time that I am doing a film where I am playing a Muslim boy. We planned this promotion keeping a lot of things in mind. This is a romantic, action and dramatic film. We have to match up to the film`s drama," said Khan.
He added that he has worked very hard to match up to Rishi Kapoor who was in the original song.
"I cannot improve upon Rishi Kapoor`s work, but I have worked hard to match up to him in this particular song. He is still a few steps ahead, I cannot do much," he said.
`Once Upon A Time In Mumbaai Dobara` is scheduled to release on August 15.
Milan Luthria has directed the film. Luthria`s earlier release – the prequel to `Once Upon A Time In Mumbaai Dobara`, released in 2010 and fetched a lot of appreciation for its portrayal of an underworld power struggle.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Salman Khan thanks fans after acquittal in 18-year-old chinkara poaching cases
- 'Dishoom' to get shield against piracy
- Bikini pictures of ‘DJ Wale Babu’ sensation Natasa Stankovic will make your heart skip a beat!
- Guess who? THIS Hollywood celebrity wants to do a film with Shah Rukh Khan
- Sonam Kapoor's look in next film mix of high-end fashion, ethnic