'Technique of `Ragini MMS`,`Paranormal Activity` same'
Mumbai: Producer Ekta Kapoor says the resemblance between her forthcoming horror flick ‘Ragini MMS’ and Hollywood film ‘Paranormal Activity’ is obvious because the technique of shooting both films is same.
"We are inspired by the medium of `Paranormal Activity`. The technique, the way the film was done. They were the grab footage (shot by multiple cameras from various angles), the real grab-footage. `Paranormal Activity 1` apparently had all grab footage. `Paranormal Activity 2` has no real footage," Ekta told reporters after the first look of ‘Ragini MMS’ here at Cinemax, Versova.
Ekta disclosed that the feel of the haunted house has been brought by the grab-shots of 24 cameras.
This is the second film after Dibakar Banerjee`s ‘Love Sex Aur Dhoka’ to be shot in real time in an unconventional way.
Asked what inspired her to make two films of almost same genre successively, Ekta said: "I started my career with a paranormal show `Mano ya Na Mano`. I have immense passion for paranormal activities. I always feel there is a bigger story behind every paranormal incident."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Check out: Hilarious Nawazuddin Siddiqui playing Karachi reporter Chand Nawab!
- Porn ban: Govt might come into bedroom to see how couples are having sex, says Ram Gopal Varma
- 'Masaan', 'Jaanisar' tax free in Uttar Pradesh
- Aanand L Rai to present Swara Bhaskar-starrer
- 'Singh is Bling' trailer to be out with 'Brothers'