Terrific if Salman Khan endorses `Lakshmi`: Nagesh Kukunoor
Mumbai: Filmmaker Nagesh Kukunoor says if Bollywood star Salman Khan will endorse his next film `Lakshmi`, it will be `terrific` for the cause highlighted in the movie.
Kukunoor wishes to show his film about human trafficking and prostitution to NGOs and Salman also runs an NGO called Being Human.
"That would be a dream scenario if he (Salman Khan) comes forward and endorses the film," Kukunoor told reporters Tuesday at the trailer and poster launch of the movie.
"It would be wonderful because having the support of someone like him would be tremendous for the cause... if Salman comes on board for the film, it will be terrific," he added.
The story of `Lakshmi` revolves around a girl whose life goes for a toss when she is forced into prostitution. But she overcomes the problems to put her life back on track and sets an example for many.
Kukunoor admits that it is not possible to reach every single person through the film but they will try their best.
"If we are able to direct even five percent of the people to this problem, we will feel we are successful because you can`t reach everyone," said Kukunoor, known for films like `Iqbal`, `Dor` and `Aashayein`.
Satish Kaushik, who has co-produced the film with Pramod Sharma, has kept the promotion plan in tandem with the theme of the movie.
Kaushik said: "What we are trying to do is that we are trying to reach a lot of people through NGOs, social places, and social activists. They are going to see the film. We will be screening the film for them.... even in some of the red light areas where it happens."
Kaushik, who will be seen playing a negative role in it, strongly recommends the film to women who have been victims of human trafficking.
"I feel the girls who are affected by it should see the film as this film is to make them courageous," he said.
`Lakshmi` marks the Bollywood debut of singer Monali Thakur. The film also features Kukunoor, Shefali Shah and Ram Kapoor.
It will come out Jan 17 next year.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Make heads turn by trying these hairstyle trends!
- Bigg Boss 10: Are you ready for Monalisa - Vikrant Singh Rajpoot’s mehendi, marriage ceremony?
- Baba Ramdev to appear on ‘The Kapil Sharma Show’
- Jallikattu ban: More Tamil celebrities lend support for traditional sport
- Rishi Kapoor launches his autobiography ‘Khullam Khulla - Rishi Kapoor Uncensored’
- Akshay Kumar’s ‘Crack’ shelved? Here’s the truth
- Ranveer Singh's act in 'Bajirao Mastani' stirred me: Hrithik Roshan
- Shah Rukh Khan, Nawazuddin to promote 'Raees' in Dubai
- It's better late than never: Shatrughan Sinha on award
- Tubelight: First pictures of Shah Rukh Khan, Salman Khan's shoot are here