The public literally started beating me up: Pravesh Rana
New Delhi: TV show host and actor Pravesh Rana, who made an impressive debut with ‘Saheb Biwi Aur Gangster Returns’, says he was literally beaten up by the public while shooting an action scene for the Tigmanshu Dhulia-directed film.
Narrating the incident, Pravesh said: "Once for a scene, we had to involve the public. It was a fight scene. Tigmanshu was dictating them the scenes that they had to pretend like they were fighting with me. When we started shooting, they literally started beating me up. I was shocked. And later we all laughed about it."
"I like action and thriller. It makes a film look more realistic and original. I watch action films, both Bollywood and Hollywood," said Pravesh who is currently busy hosting season 3 of ‘Emotional Atyachar’, a popular reality show that deals with issues of youngsters.
In real life, too, he is an action-lover.
"I am an outdoor and adventurous person. Whenever I go out of the country, I indulge in varied sports like water skiing and scuba diving. Even here I manage to take out time for camping, hiking and stuff," Pravesh said.
Recently released ‘Saheb Biwi Aur Gangster Returns’ saw Pravesh as a cop, and he delivered his role with conviction.
"I remember, three years back, I had sent my pictures and auditioned for the role. And then, I had got a call from the director`s office asking if I am interested to play a cop? And I agreed.
"I am fond of his (Dhulia) movies. He is a great director to work with. He is intelligent and smart. While working with him, each day I learned something new."
Most of the scenes in ‘Saheb...’ were shot outdoors and shooting in scorching heat was not easy.
"We were shooting in Gujarat. It was very hot. It was above 50 degrees. Most of the shooting was done outdoors. It was a challenge in itself. We all were sweating like anything. And we all wanted to give the best shot in one go so that we could wind up early," said Pravesh.
The 29-year-old, who also appeared in "Bigg Boss 3", has had enough of reality TV shows.
"I want to do films now. I haven`t explored this genre. I do enjoy anchoring and TV, but now I want to focus on films" he said.
Pravesh said the TV industry has grown immensely and he is happy with the fact that the small screen actors are getting opportunities in movies.
"It`s a great transition. The barrier is no more there. There`s variety of entertainment for viewers," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Amitabh Bachchan in trouble over 'poem', slapped Rs 1 crore notice
- Watch: Dance guru Prabhudheva's mind blowing act in 'Happy Hour' from 'ABCD2'!
- Chris Pine in talks to play Steve Trevor in 'Wonder Woman'
- Liam Neeson most-liked celebrity endorser
- U2 tour manager Dennis Sheehan dies in LA hotel
- Subhash Ghai to receive IIFA Lifetime Achievement award 2015
- Tabu will bring whole new energy to 'Fitoor': Abhishek Kapoor
- Michael Gambon to play Winston Churchill in ITV drama
- 'PK' collects $7.03 mn in China
- I am a fan of Tom Hanks: Al Pacino
- A movie about Mumbai Film Festival
- Michael Gambon to play Winston Churchill in ITV drama
- 'Twin Peaks' to get 18 new episodes
- Dylan Bruce joins 'Heroes Reborn'
- The new 'X-Files' script made me cry: David Duchovny
- Piers Morgan returns to 'America's Got Talent' as guest
- Netflix renews 'Grace And Frankie' for season two
- Zayn Malik may make 'X Factor' comeback as judge
- 'Supergirl' pilot leaks online six months before schedule
- Kapil Sharma celebrates two years of CNWK with ‘ABCD 2’ team
- New York `Mad Men` exhibition extends to September 6
- Newcomer Monica Sehgal gets taste of her popularity
- One year of Modi govt: PM promises to fulfil aspirations
- Salman Khan attends sister Arpita's wedding reception in Mandi
- 2G scam: Ex-TRAI chief alleges Manmohan Singh had warned him to cooperate
- Pranab Mukherjee defends Bofors scam, says it was just a media trial
- Zee Media's mega survey on Modi govt
- Zee Media Exclusive: Vidya Balan chats about 'Hamari Adhuri Kahani'
- I eat beef, can somebody stop me?: Kiren Rijiju hits back at Naqvi
- Delhi: Visually impaired boy scores 91.4% in CBSE 12th Board exams
- MP: 14-year-old boy works as bonded labour since 2009
- Smriti Irani visits Amethi, promises to pay insurance money to 25,000 women
- UP: Man chops off wife's nose, hair for dowry
- Zee Media Exclusive: The plight of yoga expert Tejaswi Sharma
- Woman denied flat in Mumbai for being a Muslim
- BBV: What challenges lie ahead of Modi govt?
- 4 Indians in Forbes' 100 most powerful women list
- Arpita-Aayush wedding reception: Salman Khan spreads love in Mandi, says `hum aapke hain`
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 (cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in) postponed?
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 to be announced today
- Check mahresult.nic.in for MSBSHSE Maharashtra Class 12 HSC Result 2015
- MSBSHSE Class 12th HSC results 2015 to be declared at 1pm tomorrow
- Maharashtra MSBSHSE HSC Result 2015 on mahresult.nic.in
- Rahul Gandhi takes a dig at one year of Modi govt, wishes 'happy birthday' to 'suit-boot ki sarkar'
- I was misquoted, says Kiren Rijiju on 'beef' remark
- First look: Salman Khan steals thunder in `Bajrangi Bhaijaan`
- mahresult.nic.in updated with MSBSHSE Maharashtra HSC Class XII Result 2015
- CBSE 10th result to be declared tomorrow
- Check mahresult.nic.in for Maharashtra HSC Result 2015 to be announced at 1 pm on May 27
- Manmohan Singh defends himself on 2G charge, slams Modi govt for 'carbon copy' schemes
- Sonia Gandhi 'unconstitutional authority' during UPA: PM Narendra Modi
- Bihar intermediate result 2015 (commerce) on biharboard.ac.in