Three Indian movies at Hong Kong fest
Hong Kong: Three Indian movies will be screened at the 38th Hong Kong International Film Festival (HKIFF) here March 27 March-April 7.
Amit Kumar`s Bollywood film `Monsoon Shootout` and Farida Pacha`s Swiss-Indian documentary `My Name Is Salt` will have their Asian premiere at the fest. Richie Mehta`s Indo-Canadian feature `Siddharth` will also be screened at the gala.
Anurag Kashyap-backed `Monsoon Shootout`, featuring Nawazuddin Siddiqui and Tannishtha Chatterjee, was earlier screened at the Cannes International Film Festival.
`My Name is Salt`, an observational documentary, shows how India’s monsoon rains flood the salt fields of Gujarat and make thousands of salt workers descend on the desert to harvest one of the world’s greatest commodities.
`Siddharth` is about Mahendra, a south Delhi street vendor on the run to search for his missing 12-year-old son.
The Hong Kong international Film Festival is organised by Hong Kong International Film Festival Society, an NGO aimed at discovering and promoting creativity in the art and culture of film.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Anna Hazare unveils poster of his biopic
- Determined Sonakshi Sinha's first 'Akira' poster looks intriguing! – Pic inside
- Check out this brand new still from the sets of 'Sultan'! See pic
- Fixing copyright violation on 'Cabaret': Pooja Bhatt
- Ajay Devgn's 'Shivaay' journey is no less than a milestone! Watch here